Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Headless Build Environment(Check the RCP environment for Headless build )
Headless Build Environment [message #919699] Sat, 22 September 2012 08:26 Go to next message
Alok Mishra is currently offline Alok MishraFriend
Hi,

My team is developing an RCP application using Eclipse.

Our goal is to build everything through command line, without having to open the eclipse IDE.

I want to write a script (linux) to check the Build Environment before a developer starts on our project. This script should check for the following:
1. Java version. (I can get this through java -version)
2. Ant version. (I can get this through ant -version)
3. Eclipse Version - (dont know how to check)
4. Whether Eclipse delta-pack is installed? (dont know how to check)
5. Some other checks as well.

If any of the above is not correct then the script will exit with error. But I'm facing problem with the following:
1. How to check for eclipse version through command line? We want the eclipse environment to have only Indigo (3.7) plugins and not that of Juno. Most of the Juno plugins are still buggy and we want to avoid using the Juno environment.
2. How to check if Eclipse delta-pack is installed or not? Is checking for the feature org.eclipse.equinox.executable enough or do we need to check any other file? Is there any simpler way of determining it?

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.
Regards,
Alok
Re: Headless Build Environment [message #923158 is a reply to message #919699] Tue, 25 September 2012 16:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

For eclipse classic, you can check your version by finding the value of the org.eclipse.sdk.ide IUs (use the p2 director -list option, see http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Fguide%2Fp2_director.html&cp=2_0_20_2 ).

But you might want to consider simply using PDE product build and p2 mirror: http://pweclipse.blogspot.com/2010/09/simple-rcp-product-build.html

1) Mirror the IUs you need from a p2 repo (like http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.7 )

2) specify your product IU

3) call the org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner application. You'll get the ant version provided with that eclipse.

It will do everything, including materialize archives for each platform.

PW

Re: Headless Build Environment [message #962152 is a reply to message #923158] Sun, 28 October 2012 22:41 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Maven Tycho makes building plug-ins and product relatively easy. Please see Maven Tycho Tutorial for an introduction.
Previous Topic:RCP Application based on Features
Next Topic:RCP product export customized ANT script for multiplatform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:47:04 GMT 2024