Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Create and view reports online
Create and view reports online [message #918774] Fri, 21 September 2012 10:34 Go to next message
James Whitehead is currently offline James WhiteheadFriend
Hi,

I have developed an oda for BIRT. When run in eclipse I can create data sources and sets and design reports on them. What I would like to do now is deploy this online. However, all I can find is the BIRT viewer etc that only allow viewing of existing reports, rather than the creation of new ones based on new data sets/sources.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

James
Re: Create and view reports online [message #919086 is a reply to message #918774] Fri, 21 September 2012 17:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Did you export your reports to the Viewer folder? Did you export you runtime oda and copy it the viewer/web-inf/lib? Make sure you do not have any nested jars in the runtime oda and make sure its manifest has any ui plugin marked as optional.

Jason
Re: Create and view reports online [message #921525 is a reply to message #918774] Mon, 24 September 2012 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Whitehead is currently offline James WhiteheadFriend
Hi,

I think there may be some confusion. I have no problem putting reports that I have made through eclipse online. What I want to do is CREATE new reports online, i.e. not through eclipse. I can't find a way to access something like the create data set or create data source, that you have in eclipse, online.

Thanks,

James
Re: Create and view reports online [message #922185 is a reply to message #921525] Mon, 24 September 2012 20:28 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

James

I understand what you mean now. You could write a Servlet that calls the DE API to create reports on the fly. Actuate also has a commercial product that does this using a web based GUI as well.

Jason
Previous Topic:maximo+birt
Next Topic:problem with output parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:46:00 GMT 2024