Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » creating tags freezing externals(when creating tags the external should be pinned to a revision)
creating tags freezing externals [message #918257] Thu, 20 September 2012 22:12 Go to next message
adam adam707blue@gmail.com is currently offline adam adam707blue@gmail.comFriend
In the subversive help for tagging it says:

Freeze svn:externals
Locks a probability of adding svn:externals for a tag. Inactive if 'always freeze svn:externals for tags' option is enabled.

I've tried tagging with/without this option, and it doesn't appear to do anything. I was expecting the externals would be pinned in the tagged folder, but it doesn't seem to do this?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Adam
Re: creating tags freezing externals [message #946814 is a reply to message #918257] Tue, 16 October 2012 14:33 Go to previous message
Ben Poole is currently offline Ben PooleFriend
Hi Adam,

In Eclipse Juno 4.2.1 the option in Preferences->Team->SVN->Project Structure says "Always Freeze svn:externals for tags (workspace only)".

I assume "(workspace only)" means the freezing of externals only happens when you choose the "Use the working copy as is" option when tagging.

Works for me, external properties are updated to include revision upon tagging:
svn:externals library -r11698 my.svn.host/svn/lib/php/trunk/library

Regards
Ben
Previous Topic:No new line conversion for remote content
Next Topic:Missing password management options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:11:48 GMT 2024