Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view
How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #917619] Thu, 20 September 2012 08:56 Go to next message
Barbara Rosi-Schwartz is currently offline Barbara Rosi-SchwartzFriend
Hello everyone.

I have the following problem: I have a number of Spring empowered bundles which contain, in the Spring config files, place holders for environment dependent properties. Registering specific property files with the OSGi compendium services, everything works fine on normal deployment cycles.

However when I try to fast deploy to my Virgo installation in the Eclipse Servers view for quick development cycles, I do not see how to add those property files to it. I have tried manually adding them to the stage dir of my Virgo installation, but they do not appear to be seen and the bundles fail to start.

Any hints for me?

TIA,
B.
Re: How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #926105 is a reply to message #917619] Fri, 28 September 2012 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
You could try deploying the property files ahead of time using initialArtifacts (see the User Guide) and specifying repository: references to the properties files in repository/usr.
Re: How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #938037 is a reply to message #926105] Tue, 09 October 2012 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Glyn, I am sure I am being thick, but what is the format for the initialArtifacts element? Is it:
repository:configuration/[properties file name]?

And do I list them with comma separators but all on the same line, as the comment in the file seems to imply?

Thanks,
B.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 October 2012 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #938064 is a reply to message #938037] Tue, 09 October 2012 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, that's right. In general each URI in the list should be of the form:

repository:<type>/<name>/<version>

where the final version component (together with the '/' just before it) is optional. Since configuration artefacts are all at version 0, there's no point specifying a version for those, so for a configuration the URI is of the form repository:configuration/[properties file name].

I noticed that the User Guide mistakenly used the format 'repository://' so I raised bug 391446 to fix this. Sorry if this confused you.
Re: How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #938100 is a reply to message #938064] Tue, 09 October 2012 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh and there's no problem breaking the initialArtifacts property across multiple lines - I'll fix that comment too.
Re: How to get config artefacts to be seen in Eclipse's Servers view [message #940111 is a reply to message #938100] Thu, 11 October 2012 10:22 Go to previous message
Many thanks, Glyn!
Previous Topic:Virgo 3.6.0.M02 Released
Next Topic:<tx:annotation-driven /> not recognized
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:20:20 GMT 2024