Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » jar file placement(Plan for deployment)
jar file placement [message #916898] Wed, 19 September 2012 16:02 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
egl 0.8.1
mac 10.6.8

I have a javamail interface in a service program called by RichUI. I imported the activation.jar and mail.jar into the webcontent directory and placed them on the java build path. I am able to execute in development.

When I deploy to a dynamic web project so I can create a .war the .jar files are not being deployed.

What procedure should I follow? Where should I place the .jar files in my development project? Do I need to manually place them in my deployment project as well? If so where should I place them in the deployment project?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Nathan Reed

Re: jar file placement [message #916996 is a reply to message #916898] Wed, 19 September 2012 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
egl 0.8.1
RichUI

Clarification.

For my Email interface I created one service program with the call to the actual mail program. I have an external type created and placed in a package named externaljava.

When I deploy the project I am deploying to throws errors on the service program saying the import externaljava.mail cannot be resolved.

I was assuming the .jar files were not being found but now see that is not the issue.

Can anyone advise why the externaljava package cannot be imported in my dynamic web deploy project?

Thx,

Nathan Reed

Re: jar file placement [message #918418 is a reply to message #916996] Fri, 21 September 2012 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Can you find activation.jar and mail.jar in your exported WAR file?
Re: jar file placement [message #918713 is a reply to message #918418] Fri, 21 September 2012 09:16 Go to previous message

I have now manually imported activation.jar and mail.jar into the dynamic web project that I deploy to. That works in that the .war contains the .jars and everything deploys, writes to the .war, and then functions on the host. I am not sure of these issues:

1. Should I place the activation.jar and mail.jar in the dynamic web project manually or should the deploy copy them from the development project?

2. If they are to be manually placed in the dynamic web project to be copied to the .war then where is the best practice for placement?

3. I originally just referenced the desktop file system for activation.jar and mail.jar from my development project. Is there a best practice for placement that would cause the .jars to deploy to the dynamic web project I am deploying to?

I also had a misnamed externaltype (capitalization) that contributed to the issue. It worked in development but the external type would not reference when deployed. I assume I somehow had both names in development so that it worked.
Previous Topic:DojoMenu-submenu
Next Topic:Record Field Annotations
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:10:00 GMT 2024