Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item?
icon5.gif  Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item? [message #916593] Wed, 19 September 2012 07:55 Go to next message
j k is currently offline j kFriend
I've only got a week and a bit experience in birt so far.

I have a few years in ssrs and some in crystal etc so i'm trying to replicate some of the functionality that comes standard in those packages but i'm having a bit of trouble.

Is it possible to create a drilldown action in birt?

Say I have a personnel by dept and region report looks like this to the end user when it's first opened

+Sales
+Hr
+Management

The report drills down when the user clicks on the relevant row

so say they click on Sales. It'll now look like

-Sales
.....+Metro
.....+Regional
+Hr
+Management

and if they click on metro they get a detail row showing personnel info for the metro region.

In ssrs i'd set up as many nested groups as i need, then i'd set the visibility to hidden for all except the top group. And I'd set the visibility toggle for each group to be the textbox showing the name of their parent group

so the textbox for Sales drives the visibility of the Region group. and the Region textbox drives the visibility of the detail rows (inside the particular region group that was pressed)

I haven't been able to find any info anywhere and i cant see anything on the 'visibility' tab that sets another object as the driver of the visibility state

Any tips?
Re: Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item? [message #916675 is a reply to message #916593] Wed, 19 September 2012 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marina Orth is currently offline Marina OrthFriend
Hi,

maybe this will help you:

http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/examples/reports/2.1/drill/drill.html
Re: Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item? [message #917235 is a reply to message #916675] Wed, 19 September 2012 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, that's drill through. I'm after drill down.
Re: Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item? [message #917943 is a reply to message #917235] Thu, 20 September 2012 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Do you mean something like this:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1126-collapse-groups-client-side/

Jason
Re: Possible to toggle visibility by clicking on another item? [message #918357 is a reply to message #917943] Fri, 21 September 2012 00:38 Go to previous message
yep that's it

thanks.
Previous Topic:Questions about conditions depending values etc..
Next Topic:Grid in Grid / Grid height to Cell height
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:56:47 GMT 2024