Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Find dialog improvements
Find dialog improvements [message #916178] Tue, 18 September 2012 16:59 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I'm working on extending SearchDialog.java to include the following items (see the platform FindReplaceDialog.java):

1. Option 'Whole word'
    2. Option 'Regular expressions'
    3. Option 'Incremental'
    4. Scope 'All'
    5. Scope 'Expanded lines', visible only for trees
    6. Scope 'Selected lines'
    7. Dialog settings persistence

Comments and suggestions are welcome, esp. regarding item 5 and how to search un-expanded rows.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #916184 is a reply to message #916178] Tue, 18 September 2012 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Oops, 'Expanded lines' should be 'Unexpanded lines'.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #916281 is a reply to message #916184] Tue, 18 September 2012 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The Scope design was still incorrect. I've now simplified the Scope to just 'All' and 'Selection', and have added an Option 'Include unexpanded rows'.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2012 20:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Find dialog improvements [message #925557 is a reply to message #916178] Thu, 27 September 2012 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darrel Karisch is currently offline Darrel KarischFriend
by Scope 'Selected lines' do you mean the current selection or only the rows(lines) of a selection. for example, would selecting a single column limit the search to the items in that column?

thanks for you contribution.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #925608 is a reply to message #925557] Thu, 27 September 2012 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Good question. In the end the implementation is even more flexible than that using the existing SelectionSearchStrategy. Whatever the user can select is what he can search.

BTW, I couldn't figure out how to attach a screenshot to the forum, and in the end decided to move the discussion to the nattable-dev mailing list. You can see a screenshot there in the archives. The idea of searching hidden tree rows as a scope has moved to an option. I also added an option for selecting a row-first versus a column-first search.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #925926 is a reply to message #925608] Fri, 28 September 2012 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dhruba kumar is currently offline dhruba kumarFriend
suppose I have 60000 rows in table ,when I search the text , The text,found in the row is selected ,but I ve to scroll-up/down to reach the selected text/row. Instead of moving the scroll manually ,it would be better to move the scroll automatically to show the searched text/row to user.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #926267 is a reply to message #925926] Fri, 28 September 2012 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Yes, it should automatically scroll to the found cell. My current implementation does this properly, so perhaps you have either found a bug or have mis-configured.
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #1031874 is a reply to message #916178] Tue, 02 April 2013 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Saket M is currently offline Saket MFriend
Using NatTable as a plug-in in eclipse when I first open the editor ctrl-F does not seem to open the search dialog. Also pressing ctrl-F while editing a cell doesn't work. It seems I have to click somewhere outside the table for ctrl-F to pop-up the search dialog. Is there any solution?
Re: Find dialog improvements [message #1031993 is a reply to message #1031874] Tue, 02 April 2013 12:57 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
It is always a matter of focus. What are you trying to achieve with the Ctrl+F in NatTable? Searching in an open editor? Well that is not the intended functionality. If the NatTable has the focus you can search for cells, but the key bindings does not override the default control bindings.
Previous Topic:Scroll problem
Next Topic:Running Default NatTable Example as Eclipse Plug-in View - Excel Export isn't working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:53:04 GMT 2024