Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Default schema is not used by iSeries DB2 connection profile(DB2 for iSeries connection profile tries to use a schema by the same name as user profile.)
Default schema is not used by iSeries DB2 connection profile [message #916098] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:21 Go to next message
Jeffrey Gardner is currently offline Jeffrey GardnerFriend
Version 0.8.1

The properties box for a DB2 connection to iSeries, under "Driver properties" has a field for a default schema name.

Even though it is supplied, doing "Execute SQL file" tries to access a default schema by the same name as the user profile name (which schema/library does not exist on the iSeries server).

- Is there another location to force the default schema (other than qualifying the schema/library in the SQL source)?
- can EGL's SQL recognize a library list as does the native SQL on the iSeries?

Re: Default schema is not used by iSeries DB2 connection profile [message #916896 is a reply to message #916098] Wed, 19 September 2012 16:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seems some of this could be handled by modifying the connection URL using
naming=system and
libraries=[list of libraries]
but there seems to be no way to change the URL supplied by default which is "jdbc:as400:host;prompt=false". Making changes to the URL in the driver properties does nothing to either change the URL on an existing connection profile, nor does it change the default on a new profile.

It seems this question has morphed into "How does one change the connection URL?"
Re: Default schema is not used by iSeries DB2 connection profile [message #923385 is a reply to message #916896] Tue, 25 September 2012 21:52 Go to previous message
It seems for now, until the Connection Profiles allow the URL to be changed, the best way is to specify the information into the fields under "Specify connection information" on the Resource Bindings Configuration of the project's deployment descriptor.

I was able to specify the libraries= and the naming=system values I wanted.

(Thanks Dan Darnell for showing me that one.)
Previous Topic:How can I play a sound file?
Next Topic:JDBC driver error message from EGL on Tomcat 6 on iSeries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:39:28 GMT 2024