Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » Equinox shuts down after 30 seconds of inactivity
Equinox shuts down after 30 seconds of inactivity [message #916039] Tue, 18 September 2012 12:50 Go to next message
david borsodi is currently offline david borsodiFriend
Hello

I have an 'application' (not an eclipse application, hence the noshutdown and ignoreApp arguments below) that runs in an equinox osgi container. It is a sort of a server and if doesn't get any incoming message it shuts down exactly after 30 seconds. It's definitely not the socket's fault, I've already checked it.
Also, if I start the app with the -console argument the framework doesn't shut down, but leaving it that way is not a good idea for production...
These are the standard args I use:
-consoleLog
-clean
-vmargs
-Declipse.ignoreApp=true
-Dosgi.noShutdown=true
-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions
-XX:+UnsyncloadClass

What might cause this automatic shutdown despite the (I think) proper arguments?
Re: Equinox shuts down after 30 seconds of inactivity [message #916087 is a reply to message #916039] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Watson is currently offline Thomas WatsonFriend
This looks to be bug 310426. What version of Equinox are you using. If it is earlier than 3.7 then try setting the following property:

osgi.framework.activeThreadType=normal

HTH

Tom
Re: Equinox shuts down after 30 seconds of inactivity [message #916093 is a reply to message #916087] Tue, 18 September 2012 14:14 Go to previous message
david borsodi is currently offline david borsodiFriend
Hello

Based on the org.eclipse.osgi bundle's version we're using 3.5.1 (org.eclipse.osgi_3.5.1.R35x_v20090827.jar).
I inserted the property:
-Dosgi.framework.activeThreadType=normal
and it seems to be working now.

thanks!
david
Previous Topic:Import-Package version matching
Next Topic:Show consumed Application Arguments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:37:18 GMT 2024