Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Password Required Query(Continuous password required window)
Password Required Query [message #916002] Tue, 18 September 2012 11:39 Go to next message
Alan Farroll is currently offline Alan FarrollFriend
Hello,

I am fairly new to Eclipse and Java so require some guidance on a question.

Recently when I start Eclipse each day a small window appears title "Password Required", and can be seen in the attached file.

I have tried my organisation network login a number of times but it continouously appears about 6 or 7 times then stops. Can anyone tell me what this is for please?

Is it to do with an addin from the Eclipse Marketplace perhaps?

Thanks in advance

AJF

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2012 11:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Password Required Query [message #916188 is a reply to message #916002] Tue, 18 September 2012 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

That looks bogus. Check to see if you have the Datatools plugins installed. Remove them if you don't need them.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Password Required Query [message #916649 is a reply to message #916188] Wed, 19 September 2012 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alan Farroll is currently offline Alan FarrollFriend
Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply. What exactly do you mean when you say "bogus"?

I have checked through the Eclipse Marketplace interface to see what plugins I have installed and there are only 3. Those being FindBugs, Subclipse and Spring

Hope this helps you bring light to this question

Thanks again

A Farroll
Re: Password Required Query [message #916808 is a reply to message #916649] Wed, 19 September 2012 13:49 Go to previous message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I say "bogus" because that dialog is not telling you what the credentials are used for. I would not type anything in there.

If you go to Help > About Eclipse there should be a button called Installation Details. That would reveal other plugins that may be responsible for the dialog.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Previous Topic:Icon glossary?
Next Topic:Error: Could not find or load main class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 09:41:01 GMT 2024