Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » [ATL] Not transformed all code(How to know that ATL has not transformed all the code)
[ATL] Not transformed all code [message #915699] Mon, 17 September 2012 19:46 Go to next message
Manuel Carrillo is currently offline Manuel CarrilloFriend
Hi,

We are working on a ATL project for transforming code from ADA to JAVA.

We are building our ALT code to read an ADA model and transform it to a JAVA model, but we have a problem.

Sometimes our code is not able to transform a part of the ADA model, because it's wrong or it 'doesn't know' how to do it.

We can only detect this issue if we review all the generated file, but we have to transform a lot of files, so... how can we detect in ATL if any part of our source ADA model has not been transformed?

Thanks.
Re: [ATL] Not transformed all code [message #915917 is a reply to message #915699] Tue, 18 September 2012 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

In its standard execution mode, ATL performs the transformation you explicitly declare in your ".atl" file (only the "refining" mode has a different execution behavior, cf. the ATL user guide): it transforms only the elements which are matched by the rules you've defined in your transformation.
If some elements of your source ADA model are not considered by the transformation, this simply means that you have no rule matching them.
The actually transformed elements can be identified by looking to the source pattern of your different rules: http://wiki.eclipse.org/ATL/User_Guide_-_The_ATL_Language#Source_pattern.
If you want to transform other source elements, you have to add the corresponding matched rules.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: [ATL] Not transformed all code [message #917044 is a reply to message #915699] Wed, 19 September 2012 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manuel Carrillo is currently offline Manuel CarrilloFriend
Hi Hugo, thanks for your answer.

I know that ATL makes the transformation that i declare, but sometimes it fails and some part doesn't transform, so i wanted to know if i could raise an error message or exception.

I will review the 'refining' mode.

Thanks for all, greetings. Smile
Re: [ATL] Not transformed all code [message #917571 is a reply to message #917044] Thu, 20 September 2012 07:59 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hi,

A possible solution to identify more precisely the source of your errors would be to use the ATL debugger on your transformation.

Best regards,

Hugo

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Previous Topic:xmi:XMI root node to uml:Package root node
Next Topic:Enumeration data type #in
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:23:56 GMT 2024