Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Modeler / jBPM Problem
Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #913039] Fri, 14 September 2012 16:43 Go to next message
Andre Pietsch is currently offline Andre PietschFriend
Hello,

I work with jBPM v5.3 to run BPMN 2.0 processes that have been created with the new BPMN2 Editor plugin for Eclipse (BPMN2 Editor | 0.0.1.201209101728).

Now I have a problem using global parameters in processes with that setup. The editor creates a line that looks like this
<tns:global tns:identifier="MyGlobal" tns:type="java.lang.String"/>

The jBPM KnowledgeBuilder with which I have to load the process-file to run the process gives me the following error:
ProcessLoadError: unable to parse xml : Exception class org.xml.sax.SAXParseException : <global> requires a 'identifier' attribute

When I remove the "tns:" before "identifier" and "type" (same problem here) with a text-editor, the KnowledgeBuilder has no problem with the files. The line looks like this after modification:
<tns:global identifier="MyGlobal" type="java.lang.String"/>

After that modification the BPMN2 Editor is not able to recognize the global variable so I have to change it back in order to use the editor.

This is a SERIOUS problem but I don't know who makes the mistake here. Is it the editor which generates false BPMN-XMLs or is it jBPM which interprets it the wrong way.

I also don't want to point with a finger. I only want the problem to be fixed. So is it correct to address this forum or do I have to address the jBPM guys? Or maybe both?

I hope for a fast answer because I have a project that depends on that stuff.

Kindest regards

Andre
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #913051 is a reply to message #913039] Fri, 14 September 2012 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I started a thread in the jBPM forum as well. It can be found here:

community.jboss.org/thread/205390?tstart=0
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #913454 is a reply to message #913051] Sat, 15 September 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Andre,

Hmm, yes this is a known issue and I do have a workaround for it. Unfortunately it's a bit of hack and I've posted a question on the EMF forum here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/376638/

in hopes of getting a better solution to this problem. Ideally, the jBPM parser should be changed to allow ns prefixes on attributes that are contained in the drools model elements.

If I don't have an acceptable solution to this within the next few days, I'll have to go with the workaround. Either way, this WILL be fixed Smile

Bob
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #913461 is a reply to message #913454] Sat, 15 September 2012 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have created a bugzilla to track this:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389668
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #915438 is a reply to message #913461] Mon, 17 September 2012 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Robert for the quick response.

Can you explain where to set the xml resource loader option you described in the other thread? (XMLResource.OPTION_LAX_FEATURE_PROCESSING to TRUE) Is it within the jBPM code or can I do it without changing it?

Andre
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #915511 is a reply to message #915438] Mon, 17 September 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Andre,

The "lax feature processing" option is set in the Bpmn2ModelerResourceImpl constructor as a load option like so:

getDefaultLoadOptions().put(XMLResource.OPTION_LAX_FEATURE_PROCESSING, true);

but, this is not the way to correct this problem. It looks like this is caused by a setting in the model's ExtendedMetaData as pointed out by Ed Merks in the EMF forum thread (see my earlier post). I'll have a look at this today and hopefully publish another build.

Bob
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #916059 is a reply to message #913039] Tue, 18 September 2012 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh damn... Thanks a lot.

In version 0.0.1.201209171624 of the BPMN2 Editor the problem has been addressed an (temporarily?) fixed.

The kindest regards

Andre
Re: Modeler / jBPM Problem [message #916795 is a reply to message #916059] Wed, 19 September 2012 13:25 Go to previous message

Yes, this should be OK now thanks to clarification from Ed Merks about the behavior of the ExtendedMetaData "namespace -> ##targetNamespace" attribute. See the discussion on the EMF forum here:

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/376638/
Previous Topic:Problems with targetNamespace
Next Topic:MultiInstanceLoopCharacteristics InputDataItem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:05:26 GMT 2024