Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Merging Models with Extended Types
Merging Models with Extended Types [message #912656] Thu, 13 September 2012 23:29 Go to next message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Hey all,

I'm getting a FactoryException: The feature <extended> does not exist in <type>. (The partial stack trace is below.)

Extended actually lines up with a feature in a DocumentRoot, which declares ExtendedMetaData for an affiliate type (i.e. a type that extends the declared type), which obviously is not declared on type, which declares the affiliated feature.

When creating the model, I'm using the form: object.getSomethingGroup().set(package.getDocumentRoot_Extended(), value)

My question, is this a bug in the merger (i.e. should it be considering affiliated types) or should I be doing something different when creating the model (i.e. use an element handler along with object.getSomething().add(value))?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

org.eclipse.emf.compare.FactoryException: The feature <extended> does not exist in <type>.
at org.eclipse.emf.compare.util.EFactory.eStructuralFeature(EFactory.java:300)
at org.eclipse.emf.compare.util.EFactory.eAdd(EFactory.java:83)
at org.eclipse.emf.compare.diff.internal.merge.impl.ModelElementChangeLeftTargetMerger.undoInTarget(ModelElementChangeLeftTargetMerger.java:79)
at org.eclipse.emf.compare.diff.merge.service.MergeService.doMerge(MergeService.java:176)
at org.eclipse.emf.compare.diff.merge.service.MergeService.merge(MergeService.java:140)
Re: Merging Models with Extended Types [message #912954 is a reply to message #912656] Fri, 14 September 2012 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi,

I must admit that I have no idea of what happens, or what fails.

Could you open a bug on the bugzilla with a project on which we could reproduce this issue?

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Merging Models with Extended Types [message #915531 is a reply to message #912954] Mon, 17 September 2012 13:23 Go to previous message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Hey Laurent,

Thanks for the reply. When I get some time to put together a concise sample, I'll create a BZ and post the link.

Thanks again,
Rob
Previous Topic:DiffHelper or similar?
Next Topic:Three Way Merge - Help needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:06:41 GMT 2024