Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » RCP Application(Unable to get the window min/max icons to show on viewparts)
RCP Application [message #912559] Thu, 13 September 2012 19:11 Go to next message
Suma Rao is currently offline Suma RaoFriend
Just started building an Eclipse RCP application. I am using the latest Juno Release. I created a plug-in project and later added a product configuration to run it as an rcp application. I also added one perspective and 3 view parts. Added these view parts to the perspective and when I run the application I do not see the min/max window icons for any of the 3 view parts. Is this normal? I tried explicitly setting setFixed(false) on the layout in my perspective and layout.getViewLayout("viewid").setCloseable(true); When I run the min/max icons just don't display and I see a blank/missing border in the top right corner of all the views.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks, SumaR
Re: RCP Application [message #912566 is a reply to message #912559] Thu, 13 September 2012 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
It looks as it is a 3.x RCP app. If it is so you may have more luck in the RCP forum as this forum is specific to applications with the new platform.
Re: RCP Application [message #912576 is a reply to message #912566] Thu, 13 September 2012 19:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Suma Rao is currently offline Suma RaoFriend
Ok, thanks I will try that forum. Just thinking that perphaps I should switch back to Indigo instead of Juno and maybe that is the right approach since I am not using any of the E4 features?
Re: RCP Application [message #912578 is a reply to message #912576] Thu, 13 September 2012 19:53 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
There is also 3.8 which is a "3.x Juno". THat means it's a Juno with the 3.x platform. Get it here: http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.8-201206081200/index.php#EclipseSDK
Previous Topic:QuickAccess contribution and activities
Next Topic:Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:12:37 GMT 2024