Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Graphiti » Redraw widgets for different types of input in Properties view
Redraw widgets for different types of input in Properties view [message #912329] Thu, 13 September 2012 11:06 Go to next message
Anders S is currently offline Anders SFriend
I have a diagram with different nodes which have different properties. I want to show these properties in the Properties view, but to do this I need to redraw all the widgets for each node. I have looked into ISectionDescriptorProvider and ISectionDescriptor. However, I can't find a way to assign a ISection to a certain type of pictorgram element (or rather the businessobject underneath).

How do I do this?
Re: Redraw widgets for different types of input in Properties view [message #912348 is a reply to message #912329] Thu, 13 September 2012 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Wenz is currently offline Michael WenzFriend
The Graphiti tutorial has a tabbed properties section that uses a filter
class to show it for EClass domain objects only. That should be what you are
looking for.

Michael
Re: Redraw widgets for different types of input in Properties view [message #912372 is a reply to message #912348] Thu, 13 September 2012 12:55 Go to previous message
Anders S is currently offline Anders SFriend
As far as I can tell, that filter does not do what I want. Through the filter I get the selected object, but the select method only returns a boolean. To call the createControls method on the ISection, I need a Composite object, as well as a TabbedPropertySheetPage. These are not passed through the filter.

I want to dynamically create the widgets based on the shapes contained in my diagram elements.
Previous Topic:Handling business objects shared among different diagrams
Next Topic:Expose DefaultUpdateBehavior.workspaceSynchronizer to Extenders
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:45:29 GMT 2024