Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Emacs key bindings disappeared
Emacs key bindings disappeared [message #912131] Thu, 13 September 2012 01:54 Go to next message
Andrew DeFaria is currently offline Andrew DeFariaFriend
Somewhere along the line I lost my Emacs key bindings. Recently I "checked for updates" and updates came in. Now I have Juno. Looks nice. Emacs key bindings were even working. Played around with EGit and setting up my GIT repos, etc. and wham my Emacs key bindings went away. So I got into Window:Preferences and searched for Keys. Set it to Emacs key binding but it's still a no go. For example, Ctrl-N does not go to the next line but rather brings up a New dialog box! Ctrl-A selects all text. Go to Windows: Preferences: General: Keys and it's set to default. Set it to Emacs. Apply, OK. Type Ctrl-A - selects all text again! Go back and Keys is still set to Emacs but there are no Emacs bindings. Try defining Ctrl-A to execute Begin Line. Tried setting it to Editing Text and another one for Editing Perl Source. Select Apply and OK but now Ctrl-A does nothing.

HELP!

Seems like my workspace/.metadata has gotten corrupted in some way as when I go to a new workspace Emacs key bindings are working again. Trying to reconstruct workspace/.metadata...

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2012 02:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Emacs key bindings disappeared [message #912683 is a reply to message #912131] Fri, 14 September 2012 01:24 Go to previous message
Yuriy Skobov is currently offline Yuriy SkobovFriend
Hi, I'm having the same issue, but creating a new workspace does not work.
Previous Topic:Is there a view to show ignored tests?
Next Topic:How to uninstall eclipse juno from Windows 7
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:28:57 GMT 2024