Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Native Bottom Bar on Mac OS X Lion(How do I get a native looking bottom bar on Mac OS X Lion or later)
Native Bottom Bar on Mac OS X Lion [message #911908] Wed, 12 September 2012 15:07
Marco Hunsicker is currently offline Marco HunsickerFriend
Hodwy,

I'm trying to get a bottom bar painted in the Mac OS X Lion style. Shown in the Apple HIG <developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/userexperience/conceptual/applehiguidelines/Windows/Windows.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000961-SW6> (I'm not allowed to post links).

How do I get that suble texture effect that the title/toolbars employ since Lion?

I'm not familiar with Mac OS X programming, but it seems that one gets this style using an NSWindow with the NSTexturedBackgroundWindowMask and then simply paints over the bottom area. SWT does not expose this style bit, but as the title/toolbars are correctly painted, it might use this style anyway? Is the bottom area simply obscured and can be revealed somehow? Or is there some other means to get a natively looking bottom bar?

I would appreciate any information you can provide. Thanks much in advance.

Cheers,
Marco
Previous Topic:DoubleClick with key pressing on viewer
Next Topic:ExpandItem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:43:22 GMT 2024