Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu (perspectiveless perspective)
cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #911867] Wed, 12 September 2012 13:30 Go to next message
Sergey Arnavin is currently offline Sergey ArnavinFriend
Always get "Problems opening perspective 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CPerspective" trying to change perspective to C/C++.

.log:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-09-12 17:23:07.509
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.core (163).
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.cdt.core.CCorePlugin.start() of bundle org.eclipse.cdt.core.
!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-09-12 17:23:07.514
!MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.ui (186).
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The activator org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CUIPlugin for bundle org.eclipse.cdt.ui is invalid
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-09-12 17:23:07.517
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/text/ICReconcilingListener)

seems started after core update

[Updated on: Wed, 12 September 2012 14:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912160 is a reply to message #911867] Thu, 13 September 2012 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rand Huso is currently offline Rand HusoFriend
Most annoying -- I'm getting Problems opening perspective 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CPerspective' -- with several versions of Eclipse, using several different workspaces, is that the same thing?
Running Ubuntu 12.04, and all was working fine until I updated the system this morning. Might be related.
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912186 is a reply to message #911867] Thu, 13 September 2012 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Tillman is currently offline Tristan TillmanFriend
I am able to use the Java and Python perspectives just fine but I am getting the same error (Problems opening perspective 'org.eclipse.cdt.ui.CPerspective') along with the error:

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in org.eclipse.cdt.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.cdt.ui.wizards.CCProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.ui (514).

These errors happen on both the Indigo and Helios versions of Eclipse even after clean installs with both versions. Seems to be a common problem. Anyone out there with a fix?
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912361 is a reply to message #911867] Thu, 13 September 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rodrigo Fernandes is currently offline Rodrigo FernandesFriend
the same here..

in my old workspace:
Plug-in org.eclipse.cdt.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.editor.CEditor.

when i change my workspace :

The selected wizard could not be started.
Plug-in org.eclipse.cdt.ui was unable to load class org.eclipse.cdt.ui.wizards.CCProjectWizard.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.cdt.ui (295).

it started after a system update.
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912440 is a reply to message #912361] Thu, 13 September 2012 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
Did you install Eclipse using the package manager on Ubuntu or did you download the zip file from the eclipse.org site?

If you installed using the package manager, uninstall and download directly from eclipse.org.
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912486 is a reply to message #912440] Thu, 13 September 2012 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Tillman is currently offline Tristan TillmanFriend
Both of these errors have happened on installs directly from eclipse.org and from the package manager. It happens whenever I try to use c or c++ at this point, no matter how I install or what other plugins I have.
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912544 is a reply to message #912486] Thu, 13 September 2012 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Alpers is currently offline Jens AlpersFriend
Same problem here. While I was working CDT crashed (I used ubuntu 12.04 based eclipse+cdt). Workspace changed, same problem. Removed ~/.eclipse/$thecorrectone, same problem. Uninstalled eclipsed, downloaded Juno classic, installed CDT 8.2 from upate site, used a new workspace... still the same problem.

In the traceback I found a hint that lead me to (not allowed to post links?)

geloest-could-not-initialize-class-com-ibm-icu-impl-java-timezone

which showed me that appending this line to eclipse.ini

-Dcom.ibm.icu.util.TimeZone.DefaultTimeZoneType=ICU

circumvented (I would not say solved Twisted Evil ) my problem. WTF changed that this problem ocurred?

[Updated on: Thu, 13 September 2012 19:19]

Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912601 is a reply to message #912544] Thu, 13 September 2012 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
There was a recent upgrade of open-jdk in Ubuntu. This link references a problem relating to a missing file in time zone mappings.

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=600288

A re-install of tzdata-java may fix your problem.
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #912754 is a reply to message #912601] Fri, 14 September 2012 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jens Alpers is currently offline Jens AlpersFriend
It did! Thanks a lot
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #913029 is a reply to message #912160] Fri, 14 September 2012 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sameer Abuasal is currently offline Sameer AbuasalFriend
same here , sometimes i really wonder why do I even bother upgrading !!!

Any luck getting it to work ?

Edit: reinstalling tzdata-java just did it . most appreciated Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 14 September 2012 16:26]

Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #913472 is a reply to message #911867] Sat, 15 September 2012 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nick Padilla is currently offline Nick PadillaFriend
Thanks for posting, was having the same problems today. For anyone who wants some command line help :

First shut down Eclipse if open. Open a command prompt.

sudo apt-get purge tzdata-java

Then after everything is removed, run this

sudo apt-get install tzdata-java

Now reopen eclipse and you should be good to go!
Re: cdt do not open C/C++ perspective / ubuntu [message #1747477 is a reply to message #911867] Tue, 15 November 2016 10:13 Go to previous message
jerome oudard is currently offline jerome oudardFriend
Same problem after Ubuntu 16.04 update
solved the problem doing:
- close eclipse
then
Quote:
#sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

Previous Topic:[Mac] Eclipse debugging with GDB
Next Topic:GraphicsMagick on Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:53:01 GMT 2024