Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working...(Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working...)
Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working... [message #911770] Wed, 12 September 2012 09:31 Go to next message
Laura V is currently offline Laura VFriend
Hi there
we have a pure e4 application.
We have a part with 3 grids in it.
We want the users to be able to delete a row using the DEL key.
For this, each table has its own command / handler (we have already a context menu using these handlers and they work fine).
So I defined 3 binding contexts on the part.
Then I defined a Focus Listener on the grids and so I dynamically activated / deactivated them on focus gained / lost:

contextService.activateContext("myContext1");

But...it's not working. Always the same handler is called.
I added a key listener to the table and calling
contextService.getActiveContextIds();
I saw that there are always all my 3 contexts in there (also one from eclipse: org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window). That means, they never get deactivated Sad
(I debugged and saw the deactivate method gets called...no idea why it has no effect?!)
Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a bug? Or is there a quicker way to do this?
Thanks

Laura
Re: Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working... [message #912794 is a reply to message #911770] Fri, 14 September 2012 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laura V is currently offline Laura VFriend
It's a bug, I filled it in.
Re: Different binding contexts for a single part. Possible? Tried but not working... [message #912800 is a reply to message #912794] Fri, 14 September 2012 07:56 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
For reference: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389579
Previous Topic:RCP Application
Next Topic:Where to find E4Designer(E4 Workbench Designer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:28:06 GMT 2024