Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » "Trigger even if the build is unstable" fails
"Trigger even if the build is unstable" fails [message #911755] Wed, 12 September 2012 09:03 Go to next message
Bernhard Hiller is currently offline Bernhard HillerFriend
Our software suite consists of some 20 C# solutions. A change in a shared component may affect many of those solutions.
Consequently, I set up many projects ("Free style Projects" each consisting of a few "Execute Windows Batch Command" for building, testing and cleaning the solution) to be build one after the other. And I checked "Trigger even if the build is unstable" - I want to see all the projects which fail due to a change in a shared component! Reparing one solution after the other takes unnecessary lots of time and makes the process non-continuous.
This bug seems to have been reported several times, with minimal variations:
(again the other bug: "You can only use links to eclipse.org sites while you have fewer than 25 messages." - I must not provide links to hudson-ci.org... Please add the http:// )
issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-4739
issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-2598
issues.hudson-ci.org/browse/HUDSON-7083
In the last case, it was marked as "Not a defect" - obviously, the developer did not understand the business case behind that use!
I'll try to find out if the "parameterized trigger plugin" mentioned in the last post could be useful.
Re: "Trigger even if the build is unstable" fails [message #912297 is a reply to message #911755] Thu, 13 September 2012 09:31 Go to previous message
Bernhard Hiller is currently offline Bernhard HillerFriend
The "parameterized trigger plugin" fails to start the next project even after a succesful build and stable unit tests! Still, I cannot create a bug message on issues.hudson-ci.org due to a mis-configuration of that site.

Consequently, I decided to try different Continuous Integration tools. Jenkins solved this problem.
Previous Topic:How to prevent Hudson from entering Shutdown mode automatically or when idle?
Next Topic:Apt repository lacks public key
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:54:30 GMT 2024