Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Bar Chart ' How to eliminate duplicate values on Y axis?
Bar Chart ' How to eliminate duplicate values on Y axis? [message #911360] Tue, 11 September 2012 12:54 Go to next message
Dejan Vujanic is currently offline Dejan VujanicFriend
Hi I have bar chart with values for two records 5.07 and 0.58 (so they have FLOAT values)
Chart is displayed below:
index.php/fa/11457/0/

You can see that all values are repeated (1,2,3,4,5).
I must mention that there are no too many records in database so maybe in future this will be spread with values on y axis (on example value 100) but how to show now correctly. On example I would still like to step between two numbers not to be smaller than 1, and in future to be automatically be spread. I draw it in Paint like I would like to look now something like this:
index.php/fa/11456/0/
  • Attachment: bar2.jpg
    (Size: 40.95KB, Downloaded 860 times)
  • Attachment: bar.jpg
    (Size: 20.75KB, Downloaded 893 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2012 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bar Chart ' How to eliminate duplicate values on Y axis? [message #911443 is a reply to message #911360] Tue, 11 September 2012 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you dump the data to a csv file and post it? That way we can help you with a working example.

Jason
Re: Bar Chart ' How to eliminate duplicate values on Y axis? [message #911883 is a reply to message #911443] Wed, 12 September 2012 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dejan Vujanic is currently offline Dejan VujanicFriend
Hi,

sorry I do not see option to export to csv.
I found where to change this in Format Chart-Y axis and then button scale. Now when I change from AUTO to STEP SIZE (1) I have a nice view.
But my only worry now is when I have for value 100 then it will be hardly readable because it will make 100 lines on Y axis.
So I can not keep it on step size 1 although it suites me very well now (chartresult is now almost liek from the second picture).
When AUTO is ON then when I have value 100 chart will be good.
But now when the value is 5 it repeats me the points on Y axis.
What can be the solution (only solution which I can think of is that I import new report with AUTO option when value becomes 100 and until now to keep STEP SIZE 1 but that is not the solution. I tried with third option STEP NUMBER but that does not show me correctly also.
Re: Bar Chart ' How to eliminate duplicate values on Y axis? [message #912498 is a reply to message #911883] Thu, 13 September 2012 17:07 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

You could always check the values in a afterDataSetFilled script and then set the step based on that data. Attached is an example that contains two charts. The second chart has a script that reverses the bar scale. This is not what you need but should show you how to set the scale and how to check the data values.

Jason
Previous Topic:BIRT timeout render
Next Topic:Problem with early page breaks in Details section of a list
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:05:44 GMT 2024