Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced from: start in crt1.10.6.o
icon4.gif  Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced from: start in crt1.10.6.o [message #911195] Tue, 11 September 2012 07:05 Go to next message
Santiago Ipiña is currently offline Santiago IpiñaFriend
When trying to run a simple fortran program - read a name and print it - Eclipse juno on a Mac Pro with Lion says: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced from: start in crt1.10.6.o Specifically, this error is obtained after the Mac OSX Fortran Linker is invoked.
If, however, I compile the program from Terminal with gfortran -o and run the executable this way generated, all is ok. My gcc is 4.7 in spite of the fact that I'm using XCode 4.4 (which gcc is 4.2) and, of course, the command line tools are installed.
All this seems to mean, I think, that something is wrong with Eclipse juno regarding the MacOS X Fortran compilation process. Any help will be appreciated.

[Updated on: Tue, 11 September 2012 16:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "_main", referenced from: start in crt1.10. [message #912991 is a reply to message #911195] Fri, 14 September 2012 14:49 Go to previous message
Santiago Ipiña is currently offline Santiago IpiñaFriend
I'll reply myself. My problem had to do with a simple copy and paste fortran code; that's to say, when creating a new source file I dragged the file I wrote some time ago into such new source file. This is wrong and caused the problem I mentioned. Instead you have to open the file with the code (e.g. with TextEdit) and copy and paste its contents. Hope this helps somebody.
Previous Topic:Remote debugging with eclipse
Next Topic:includes/indexer issue when importing existing project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:58:17 GMT 2024