Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant
Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911012] Mon, 10 September 2012 20:07 Go to next message
Eyck Jentzsch is currently offline Eyck JentzschFriend
Hi,
if I build the plugin using ant (during product export) I get the following error message:
.../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/temp/org.eclipse.pde.container.feature/compile.org.eclipse.pde.container.feature.xml:9: The following error occurred while executing this line:
.../build.xml:301: The following error occurred while executing this line:
.../build.xml:218: The following error occurred while executing this line:
.../customBuildCallbacks.xml:57: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/sapphire/modeling/Resource

where line 57 is the sapphire task:
<sapphire src="src" dest=".resources"/>

I was searching for hours but I did not get a clue what's the cause. Any hint what's wrong with this?
THXIA

-Eyck

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2012 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911369 is a reply to message #911012] Tue, 11 September 2012 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
What do you use as the classpath in the <taskdef> where Sapphire tasks are defined in Ant? I appears that that classpath is missing org.eclipse.sapphire.modeling plugin jar.

- Konstantin
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911504 is a reply to message #911012] Tue, 11 September 2012 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Konstantin,
the relevant parts of the customBuildCallbacks are:
    <path id="sapphire.classpath">
      <fileset dir="${eclipse.home}/plugins" includes="*.jar"/>
    </path>

<taskdef 
      resource="org/eclipse/sapphire/sdk/build/antlib.xml"
      classpathref="sapphire.classpath"/>

with having all Sapphire plugins in in the eclipse installation. And the path does not contain any spaces...

Regards

-Eyck
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911542 is a reply to message #911504] Tue, 11 September 2012 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could you try dumping the computed sapphire.classpath?
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911547 is a reply to message #911542] Tue, 11 September 2012 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure, here it is...

-Eyck
  • Attachment: classpath.txt
    (Size: 55.56KB, Downloaded 632 times)
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911580 is a reply to message #911547] Tue, 11 September 2012 22:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm... I see Sapphire jars in there. The only lead that I have is perhaps something is getting tripped up by the length of the classpath. I would be tempted to tweak that filter on sapphire.classpath to pickup fewer jars. Maybe start with "org.eclipse.sapphire*.jar" and see if that changes anything?

- Konstantin
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911671 is a reply to message #911580] Wed, 12 September 2012 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Konstantin,
that didn't help much. I changed it to "org.eclipse.sapphire.*.jar" which shortened the path.
Do have a hint on how to get more debug info during the ant run or how to debug the problem in general?
Cheers

-Eyck
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #911947 is a reply to message #911671] Wed, 12 September 2012 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You may find the following article useful. It has some details regarding running and debugging pde build.

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-PDE-Automation/automation.html

Another thing that might be helpful is to compare your build to a working build. You can try building Sapphire locally from the source in git. Several plugins in Sapphire build use the Ant task that is giving you problems.

http://www.eclipse.org/sapphire/developers/BuildingLocally.php

- Konstantin
Re: Resource class not found while exporting plugin using ant [message #918216 is a reply to message #911012] Thu, 20 September 2012 21:20 Go to previous message
Hi,
finally I solved the issue but I still do not know the root cause. The solution was to create a new workspace, import the bundles and run the build from there.
So for some reason the .metadata of my original workspace got corrupted.
If I have a little bit of time I will dig a little bit deeper to see what plugin/setting cause the problem.

Cheers

-Eyck
Previous Topic:XML Attributes instead of XML Elements?
Next Topic:Horizontally aligned checkboxes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:04:29 GMT 2024