Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » XText hover swallows marker resolution extension points
XText hover swallows marker resolution extension points [message #910870] Mon, 10 September 2012 14:38
Jeff MAURY is currently offline Jeff MAURYFriend
I have an Xtext based editor coupled with an Eclipse builder that generates customized problem markers.
One of the evolutions requested by our customers was to have a more user friendly tooltip message, ie open an error file from the marker tooltip.
So I used the org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension point to implement actions related to my marker. So I thought, based on the Xtext user experience, that the quick fixes (it is not frankly a quick fix but sort of) would be displayed but it is not for the following reason: Xtext configure a DefaultCompositeHover which is composed of a AnnotationWithQuickFixHover and DispatchingEObjectTextHover.
The first one deals only with issues related annotations (with quick fixes) and the second one deal only with names EObject.
Do you know if there is an implementation of an ITextHover that deals with annotations related to markers and that may be fixed by the org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension point or do you see another way to support it ?
By the way, this kind of ITextHover is not Xtext specific but may be generic
Thanks
Jeff
Previous Topic:ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.xtext.ecore.EcoreSupportStandaloneSetup
Next Topic:code generation in java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:22:40 GMT 2024