Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse could not resolve 'strcasecmp'(Eclipse working with CodeSourcery for Cortex-M3)
Eclipse could not resolve 'strcasecmp' [message #910557] Mon, 10 September 2012 01:31 Go to next message
Marjon Zubiri is currently offline Marjon ZubiriFriend
I am trying to compile for a project for the STM32F103 processor.
I have CodeSourcery setup plus the STM32 CMSIS and Standard Peripheral libraries setup and ("supposedly") included in the Paths and Symbols of Eclipse (Juno).

I have a jumptable to sort of alias functions.
Other string.h related functions do not give any errors except for 'strcasecmp' which I use to alias 'strcmp'. Purpose being, I want calls to strcmp to not case about being case senstive.

If I do a build, and error shows.
And if I do an "F2" (focus) on the keyword 'strcasecmp' (which is where the error is), I get the error "'strcasecmp' undeclared here (not in a function)."
But if I highlight 'strcasecmp' and choose "Open Declaration", it shows where it is, which is in 'string.h' like the other string handling functions.

Code looks like below:
include <string.h>

const __attribute__((section(".jumptable"))) jmpTable JUMPT = {
		.sprintf = &sprintf,
		.strchr = &strchr,
		.strlen = &strlen,
		.strcat = &strcat,
		.strcpy = &strcpy,
		.strcmp = &strcasecmp,
		.strncpy = &strncpy,
		.strtol = &strtol,
		.memcpy = &memcpy
};

Why is only strcasecmp affected? What am I doing wrong?

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2012 03:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse could not resolve 'strcasecmp' [message #911013 is a reply to message #910557] Mon, 10 September 2012 20:08 Go to previous message
Marjon Zubiri is currently offline Marjon ZubiriFriend
219 views and no input? Please at least give some input. I have ran out of ideas and quite new to Eclipse and Linux. I was thinking it was the 'indexer' of Eclipse and have tried to check/uncheck different settings there but still nothing. When pressing F3 or Open Declaration, Eclipse is able to resolve that the declaration is in string.h

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2012 22:49]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:iostream file is not found
Next Topic:arm-none-eabi-gcc not found
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:00:43 GMT 2024