Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » XML Build Error
XML Build Error [message #909623] Fri, 07 September 2012 12:41 Go to next message
Dennis Putnam is currently offline Dennis PutnamFriend
I am trying to create a build file for my app. I am getting the following error:

Specified VM install not found: type Standard VM, name jre6.

I have not worked on this project in a while and this used to work. However, I think I am using jre7 now in other projects in this workspace (not sure how I managed to do that). I guess that is the crux of the problem. How do I specify jre7 for all projects in the workspace? If that can't be done where do I specify it for each project? Of course all that assumes that is the cause of the error. TIA.
Re: XML Build Error [message #910658 is a reply to message #909623] Mon, 10 September 2012 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Your project must have had its JRE set to something other than the workspace's default, specifically one in your Installed JREs list named 'jre6' that is no longer there. You can change what it uses from the project's Java Build Path page in its Properties dialog. I'd suggest choosing by Execution Environment unless you're really intending to target a specific update level.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: XML Build Error [message #910808 is a reply to message #910658] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply but I am not seeing what you suggested (Eclipse v 4.2.0). I am in Projects -> Properties -> Java Build Path and none of the tabs (Source, Projects, Libraries, Order and Export) have any such option. Please clarify.
Re: XML Build Error [message #915498 is a reply to message #910808] Mon, 17 September 2012 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for bouncing this back to the top but surely someone here knows how to navigate to the menu change suggested by Nitin. TIA.
Re: XML Build Error [message #921823 is a reply to message #915498] Mon, 24 September 2012 13:13 Go to previous message
In the event someone else ever runs into this problem, I found the solution and it has nothing to do with the build path. I don't understand the underlying reasons but I found an obscure reference to org.eclipse.debug.core. I wound up deleting .../.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches/*. and that fixed the problem. I have no idea why.
Previous Topic:eclipse won't launch (error log attached)
Next Topic:Sonar plugin for Eclipse - Installation Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:10:11 GMT 2024