Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Processing the XMI of the KDM
Processing the XMI of the KDM [message #909239] Thu, 06 September 2012 19:45 Go to next message
Rafael Durelli is currently offline Rafael DurelliFriend
Hello everyone,

I'd like to know if exist any API to process the XMI generated by MODISCO. I mean, I tried to use XPath to obtain the data of such XMI, but this approach it is not convenient.

Until now, I have my project where there is a XMI, which represents my project, and I'd like to process such XMI by using an specific API.

Could someone helps me?

Best regards Cool
Re: Processing the XMI of the KDM [message #909520 is a reply to message #909239] Fri, 07 September 2012 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

In order to handle an EMF model, there are different options:

• Model transformations techniques such as ATL, which are intended to navigate existing models and produce new models (possibly conforming to different metamodels) from them;
  • The EMF reflexive API (cf. the EMF documentation and forum);
  • Specific generated Java code from an Ecore model (cf. same sources as just before).

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Re: Processing the XMI of the KDM [message #910820 is a reply to message #909520] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafael Durelli is currently offline Rafael DurelliFriend
Hello Hugo Bruneliere thanks to reply. However, I think I didn't get it. Thus, let me trying to explain my problem to you and probably you can help much more.

My problem is the following: I have an instance of the KDM (XMI), which represents my legacy systems, my goal is remove specifics chunk of code (edges) of this XMI. These chunk of code will be every statements related to persistence (JDBC), such as ResultSet, Statement, Preparedstatements, etc. After remove these chunk of code I'll pretend to extend the KDM to deal with AspectJ, thus, afterwards these chunk of code I'll be transform to a KDM extended.

As I said in my earlier post I tried to do such goal by using XPath, reading all XMI and removing them, but this is demanding such time. Confused

So my doubt is, how can I do that? Could you give me a simple example, because I'm new in Modisco. Cool

Thanks guys
Re: Processing the XMI of the KDM [message #924368 is a reply to message #910820] Wed, 26 September 2012 19:46 Go to previous message
Benjamin Klatt is currently offline Benjamin KlattFriend
Hi Rafael,

are you in use with any model transformation language that is able to process ecore models? E.g. ATL, QVT-O / QVT-R, ...? If this is the case, you can write your transformations and apply them to your extracted model. The transformations can be applied either with the modisco workflow or using tools from the eclipse m2m Project: http://www.eclipse.org/m2m/

An alternative approach is to load the kdm files in your java application and let your java code manipulate the in java representation of the java model.

All the best
Benjamin
Previous Topic:Junit Model discoverer
Next Topic:Browser Customization and QuerySets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:39:04 GMT 2024