Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » Disambiguating wizards
Disambiguating wizards [message #909180] Thu, 06 September 2012 17:25 Go to next message
Bryan Miller is currently offline Bryan MillerFriend
Hello WindowBuilder gurus,

My goal is to develop a standalone application using SWT/JFace. However, when I go to create a project I see 3 possible wizards and am unsure which to use. The options are:

1) SWT/JFace Java Project
2) SWT Application Window
3) JFace Application Window

Much obliged to anyone who can provide clarity on the difference between the options.

-Bryan
Re: Disambiguating wizards [message #909697 is a reply to message #909180] Fri, 07 September 2012 15:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
To start, you can create a simple SWT project using the wizard we provided or you can do it by hand following directions on the web. Alternatively, you could create an Eclipse RCP project using the Eclipse plugin wizard.

For a simple SWT/JFace app, I would usually just use the SWT App wizard.
Re: Disambiguating wizards [message #909766 is a reply to message #909697] Fri, 07 September 2012 18:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bryan Miller is currently offline Bryan MillerFriend
Thank you Eric. I created an SWT/JFace project and then used the SWT App wizard. So far it is working very well.

What is the difference between the SWT App wizard and the JFace App wizard. I am seeing JFace controls in the SWT App and would expect to see the same mix in the JFace App since JFace is implemented with SWT.
Re: Disambiguating wizards [message #910076 is a reply to message #909766] Sat, 08 September 2012 15:22 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
They each target different base frameworks for the main window. The SWT app tends to be easier for most folks to deal with, so I typically recommend that one.
Previous Topic:why class attribute is not generated
Next Topic:Wrong display of components.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:24:40 GMT 2024