Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Designer plug-in project not working(ODA Designer Plug-in project not being detected)
Designer plug-in project not working [message #909166] Thu, 06 September 2012 16:55 Go to next message
John 555 is currently offline John 555Friend
I'm making an ODA designer plug-in project to go with the runtime driver that I have created. The runtime project is correctly referenced in the manifest file, and has been added to the designer project's build path. I have created some simple test pages that should show up in the new data set wizard, and I have added them to the plugin.xml file. But, when I run the designer project as an eclipse application, the new data set wizard has none of my custom pages. Can anyone with plugin experience provide any insight?

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 16:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Designer plug-in project not working [message #909202 is a reply to message #909166] Thu, 06 September 2012 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

John,

You should not have to add it to the build path. Just put the runtime and the designer plugin in the designer plugins directory.

Jason
Re: Designer plug-in project not working [message #909254 is a reply to message #909202] Thu, 06 September 2012 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John 555 is currently offline John 555Friend
Jason,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly, do you mean put the packages for both the runtime and the designer plugin in the same project folder? I went ahead and tried it and it did not work, but I'm pretty sure I'd need to make some sort of change to the plugin.xml for that to work.

I don't think there is any problem with having the runtime project in the designer project's build path though. I've seen it done in examples. But when I apply an example to what I am doing, my runtime plugin acts as though there is no designer plugin.

Edit: I put a static breakpoint in my designer project's activator. That breakpoint is never even reached.

-John

[Updated on: Fri, 07 September 2012 13:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Designer plug-in project not working [message #909703 is a reply to message #909254] Fri, 07 September 2012 16:12 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Generally when you create an ODA you create a runtime plugin and a designer ui plugin. If you export both plugins, you should be able to just copy these to the designers plugins directory to have them show up. If you want to debug them, you can have both plugin projects in the same workspace and setup a debug configuration with a new Eclipse Application. Other than implementing extensions you should not have to do anything to the plugin.xml.

Jason
Previous Topic:Pagebreak in doc and odt formats
Next Topic:Set excel data type
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:30:41 GMT 2024