Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Looking for (open source) projects based on Eclipse4(Reasearch into annotation usage pattern recognition for better content assist)
Looking for (open source) projects based on Eclipse4 [message #909143] Thu, 06 September 2012 15:55
Joscha Drechsler is currently offline Joscha DrechslerFriend
Dear Eclipse 4 developers,

for my masters thesis i am developing an addition to eclipse's content assists as part of the recommenders research, which supports development of client code for annotation based frameworks. A particularly interesting use case is the development of code that uses the dependency injection and UI lifecycle control (@Inject, @Execute, @PostConstruct etc.) implemented in Eclipse 4. However, so far i only have found a few Eclipse 4 plugins as well as a couple of Eclipse 4 Demo projects from the Eclipse repositories, that include such client code. The amount of information i can gather from these few classes is not enough to support pattern mining.

To be able to evaluate and optimize the performance of these tools when used for developing Eclipse 4 client code, i need additional samples. Therefore, i am looking for additional projects that are built upon Eclipse 4. The only essential requirement is that i must be able to access and compile the source code, so open source projects are obviously the prime candidates. However, i can take care that the gathered data will be made completely anonymous prior to publishing, so it would be possible to use non open source projects as well.

If you know any suitable projects, please let me know!

Previous Topic:Check type menuitems
Next Topic:Non singlton workspace
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:04:35 GMT 2024