Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac
Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac [message #908855] Thu, 06 September 2012 05:54 Go to next message
Sam Khan is currently offline Sam KhanFriend
Hello,
I am trying to setup Apache that is available already on my mac [OSX 10.8.1 Mountain Lion, Apache version: 2.2.22 (Unix)] in eclipse. I tried to point eclipse to this folder: /etc/apache2 to no avail as this is not the root folder that contains all the required jars.
Can someone point me in the right direction in this regard. I just don't feel like installing Apache Tomcat myself if I have it available as part of the OS already.

Thanks in advance!

Regards, -Sam

Re: Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac [message #909296 is a reply to message #908855] Thu, 06 September 2012 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Blass is currently offline Steve BlassFriend
The Apache you see available in your Mac is the Apache Httpd server. Tomcat is not built in.
Re: Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac [message #909946 is a reply to message #909296] Sat, 08 September 2012 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the clarification Steve!
A follow up question though:
- Can eclipse be pointed to this httpd server?

Regards, -Sam
Re: Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac [message #910156 is a reply to message #909946] Sat, 08 September 2012 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Blass is currently offline Steve BlassFriend
That depends on what the meaning of is is. What are you trying to accomplish? Do you want to build html/php web pages or are you interested in building java web applications or is it something else?

You cannot point eclipse to the httpd server the same way you can add a tomcat server to the server's view in the eclipse web perspective.

You can create a folder in an eclipse project and link that folder to the /Library/WebServer/Documents folder on your Mac so that the files you edit in the eclipse project folder actually reside where the apache http server expects web pages to be.

Re: Setting up built in apache tomcat in eclipse on mac [message #910426 is a reply to message #910156] Sun, 09 September 2012 16:22 Go to previous message
Got it!
I actually wanted to host a webservice on the server. Anyways I got the drift of your argument. Making eclipse drop the files the webserver's root folder should do the trick!

Thanks for all the help
Previous Topic:Why does not eclipse work for my computer
Next Topic:Launcher
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:39:41 GMT 2024