Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report
WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report [message #908398] Wed, 05 September 2012 10:05 Go to next message
J SFriend
Hi all,

I'm using the latest Eclipse Juno dist, with WTP v3.4, and have had a couple of issues with the XSD Schema Editor:

1. Renaming Elements or Types in their properties window has no effect (when either over-typing the field, or using the wizard).

2. Editing the source code in the editor's "Source" view does not update the schema in the "Design" view. The schema must be closed and then re-opened to see any changes.

Can anyone else corroborate these problems?

I understand that this Schema Editor is new to the latest release of WTP. I may try rolling back to the previous version of WTP, if its editor allows renaming and synchronised view updates.

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 13:06]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report [message #908676 is a reply to message #908398] Wed, 05 September 2012 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J SFriend
*** UPDATE ***

I should state that I was using WTP 3.4 as part of the OS X Java Development package of Eclipse Juno.

After rolling back to the Eclipse Indigo Java Development package, renaming Elements in the XML Schema Editor became functional.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2012 19:36]

Report message to a moderator

Re: WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report [message #909041 is a reply to message #908676] Thu, 06 September 2012 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J SFriend
*** UPDATE ***

In the OS X Indigo dist, overtyping an Element or Type name works, but the refactoring tool does not (refactoring did not work in Juno either).

Synchronisation of Source to Design view does work, unlike Juno.
Re: WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report [message #909115 is a reply to message #908398] Thu, 06 September 2012 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
J SFriend
*** UPDATE ***

In rolling back to previous versions of WTP, packaged with earlier dists of OS X Eclipse, although you gain some basic functions, you lose others.

For example, I am unable to change an Element's Type, either by over-typing, or by using the drop-down menu. It must be edited in the Source view.

Unless I'm missing something, I'd say that the XML Schema Editor is a nice concept, but is not feature-complete, and is unusable as a result.
Re: WTP 3.4 XSD Schema Editor: bug report [message #910622 is a reply to message #909115] Mon, 10 September 2012 05:47 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The best thing to do is to open a bug report:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Source%20Editing&component=wst.xsd

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:deploy ear glassfish
Next Topic:Windows 7 related???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:44:54 GMT 2024