Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Character set issue on German Windows
Character set issue on German Windows [message #908351] Wed, 05 September 2012 08:09 Go to next message
Bernhard Hiller is currently offline Bernhard HillerFriend
Hudson is running on a Windows XP machine with German locale.
I do the builds of our projects with "Execute Windows batch command", calling Visual Studio with some parameters, e.g. devenv MyProject\MyProject.sln /build RELEASE
With Visual Studio's German locale, the output to the command line contains some German characters like ü and ä. These show up as unknown characters when I look at the log files in Firefox or Internet Explorer.
How can I do a setup which will cause these characters to be displayed correctly?
Re: Character set issue on German Windows [message #909148 is a reply to message #908351] Thu, 06 September 2012 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

It most likely has to do with your character set. Is it set for UTF-8? If not you can change either hudson to use a non UTF-8 charset(go to localhost:8080/configure and scroll to bottom of page, click advance and change charset. You need to find out the charset that your instance is currently using), or change the jvm to use german UTF-8(run export LC_ALL=en_GR.UTF-8. You need to look up the valid options for this variable).

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Character set issue on German Windows [message #909457 is a reply to message #909148] Fri, 07 September 2012 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Having chaged that on the configuration page to "Windows-1252", the "Console Output" still shows the problems:
------ Bereinigen �bersprungen: Projekt: TestDialog, Konfiguration: Release Any CPU ------
F�r diese Projektmappenkonfiguration wurde kein zu erstellendes Projekt ausgew„hlt. 

"�" should be "ü", "„" should be "ä".
Re: Character set issue on German Windows [message #909476 is a reply to message #909457] Fri, 07 September 2012 07:51 Go to previous message
Meanwhile I happened to find the solution: in the first command, start with the line
chcp 1252

and then the German characters are shown correctly.
See also jenkins.361315.n4.nabble.com/Calling-svn-exe-from-ant-script-gt-encoding-problem-td370813.html (sorry, I am not allowed to add a correct link there...)
Previous Topic:Hudson and svn encoding
Next Topic:java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:46:10 GMT 2024