Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Edit propertys in a menu triggered by SequecneFlow
Edit propertys in a menu triggered by SequecneFlow [message #907915] Tue, 04 September 2012 09:04 Go to next message
Dominik Thalmann is currently offline Dominik ThalmannFriend
Hi everyone,

I am currently writing a plugin for the modeler.
Right now I am struggeling how and where I store the information I need for my needs.
For example I have a new element that stands for a "Risk".
These risks than have a property that indicates the risk probability. Right now I store a basic probability for a risk and wanted to give each SequenceFlow a property to overwrite this basic value so that the probability for a specific target of the risk can be altered.
But I think I could just save all these information on the risk element itself. I would have an array that stores all the probabilitys for the targets. That way the SequenceFlows dont need extra-propertys.

The thing I am asking myself now is if it is possible to let a menu pop up when the user drags a SequenceFlow on the Diagram that where the source is a risk element. So if the source is a risk and the user clicks on a target a menu will pop up in which I can edit the risk probability for this specific target. I think that would be the most user friendly solution.

It would be best if I can create my own class in the plugin for the editing and the modeler triggers it when the above situation occurs. I hope that is possible and you guys can help me with that.
Maybe I would need my own customSequenceFlow for that to have a FeatureContainer for the SequenceFlow?? If thats possible?

Greetings Dominik
Re: Edit propertys in a menu triggered by SequecneFlow [message #908094 is a reply to message #907915] Tue, 04 September 2012 17:40 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Hi Dominik,

There is an extension point called "featureContainer" which allows your target runtime plugin to provide its own Graphiti FeatureContainer class for any BPMN2 element type. You can pop up a dialog in your CreateFeature#execute() override, which prompts for the risk probability. See the jbpm5 plugin for an example of how the featureContainer extension is used. Be sure to provide a hasDoneChanges() override in your CreateFeature: this should return false in case the user has canceled the popup dialog, so that the command stack is unaffected.
Previous Topic:Custom SequenceFlow
Next Topic:Duplicated Property-menus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:50:53 GMT 2024