Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » separate property box while double clicking the node
separate property box while double clicking the node [message #907860] Tue, 04 September 2012 09:25 Go to next message
Iqbal Hossain is currently offline Iqbal HossainFriend
index.php/fa/11377/0/

As u can see there are several nodes in the diagram. When i select a node the property of the particular node is shown under Properties menu.

What i want to do....when i double click the node a popup window will appear containing the properties.then i give some value and save it.

is any1 can help me out?
  • Attachment: 12.jpg
    (Size: 71.32KB, Downloaded 589 times)
Re: separate property box while double clicking the node [message #983566 is a reply to message #907860] Wed, 14 November 2012 02:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any idea??
Re: separate property box while double clicking the node [message #983910 is a reply to message #983566] Wed, 14 November 2012 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

did you try to install the OpenEditPolicy into the Editpart (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rsmhelp/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/reference/api/runtime/org/eclipse/gmf/runtime/diagram/ui/editpolicies/OpenEditPolicy.html). This should handle double click.

Ralph
Re: separate property box while double clicking the node [message #984913 is a reply to message #983910] Thu, 15 November 2012 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the link. Yes i am looking forward to add openedit policies.
currently it is not installed. How actually i can install openEditPolicies? can you plz explain a bit more.
Re: separate property box while double clicking the node [message #985154 is a reply to message #984913] Thu, 15 November 2012 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

your editparts do have a method createDefaultEditPolicies there you can install it. You should consider customizing the templates or using extension points to get this done.

Ralph
Re: separate property box while double clicking the node [message #991213 is a reply to message #907860] Mon, 17 December 2012 19:19 Go to previous message
Joost van Pinxten is currently offline Joost van PinxtenFriend
For anyone who stumbles upon this thread while searching for double click behaviour of an EditPart (more specifically, a REQ_OPEN request); if you have a NodeCompartmentEditPart as a child of your EditPart, it will not by default install the OPEN_ROLE policy on the NodeCompartment. Therefore, I had to manipulate the GMF templates to make them behave as expected.

When I generate the (inherited) diagram editor, the default behaviour of the editor is different from previously built versions (on an older Eclipse). The double-click behavior is suppposed to be activated anytime the element is double-clicked, but instead it only works on the first selection (i.e. instantiation) and when I double-click the edge of the Node.

I would therefore believe that something regarding this has changed in the templates or the getCommand hierarchy. I'm still looking for a way to install it on the NameLabelEditPart, but I haven't found it yet. If anyone can point me to restoring the old behavior, instead of having to emulate it, I would be very grateful.

Hope this helps in case the figures in your diagram become more complex.
Previous Topic:Adding bendpoints as part of Arrange All
Next Topic:EditPartProvider Priority
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:13:06 GMT 2024