Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » Unable to profile using Agent Controller
Unable to profile using Agent Controller [message #120964] Wed, 16 January 2008 17:50
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: bike_head.yahoo.com

I'm having problems profiling a java JUnit test using tptp. I'm running
on Fedora Core 8, using the open source java build, ice-tea. I downloaded
the most recent eclipse 3.3.1 and tptp 4.4.1.

I can run and debug my JUnit test fine under eclipse, but I can't profile
because of problems using the agent controller. First I tried using the
integrated controller, but I get an exception about being unable to start
the controller. I've attached the log output below as the first trace.

I then downloaded the agent controller, configured it, and started it.
Using lsof I can see it running with two processes listening on port 10002:
lsof -i TCP:10002
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
ACServer 10174 bikehead 10u IPv4 4004833 TCP *:10002 (LISTEN)
tptpProce 10195 bikehead 10u IPv4 4004833 TCP *:10002 (LISTEN)

When I try and profile then I can either get a message about no controller
at 10002 or a timeout exception. I've included another log fragment below
with the output from the timeout.

Now my project is quite large (the JUnit execution uses about 50 jars and
200M to run). I've tried profiling using a simple hello world application
in a new project and I made it a bit farther: I started the agent
controller and then profiled the hello world application (no JUnit) and in
that case the app ran to completion.

Any suggestions for solving these problems. Trace info below:

First the integrate agent startup problem:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui 4 4 2008-01-16 08:38:08.836
!MESSAGE Agent Controller is unavailable under port 10002. Make sure that
the service is started and the port number is correct under preferences.
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Agent Controller is unavailable
under port 10002. Make sure that the service is started and the port
number is correct under preferences.
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:123)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.connectToAgentController(TIDelegateHelper.java :401)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:309)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJ UnitLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJUnitLauncherDelegate.java:33)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1153)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunch Delegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:196)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:675)
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException[0]:
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.exceptions.AgentControll erUnavailableException:
Error: Unable to connect to the Agent Controller.Connection refused
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.client.core.internal.Nod eImpl.connect(NodeImpl.java:146)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.util.internal.AgentContr ollerPool$1$EstablishConnection.run(AgentControllerPool.java :164)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui 4 0 2008-01-16 08:38:08.837
!MESSAGE Agent Controller is unavailable under port 10002. Make sure that
the service is started and the port number is correct under preferences.
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.exceptions.AgentControll erUnavailableException:
Error: Unable to connect to the Agent Controller.Connection refused
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.client.core.internal.Nod eImpl.connect(NodeImpl.java:146)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.execution.util.internal.AgentContr ollerPool$1$EstablishConnection.run(AgentControllerPool.java :164)

Now the timeout problem:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2008-01-16 09:35:13.442
!MESSAGE A handler conflict occurred. This may disable some commands.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.ui.workbench 2 0 2008-01-16 09:35:13.442
!MESSAGE Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.emFileContextMenu/org.e clipse.eclipsemonkey.action4':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action4,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForWiki),
expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@1275a34),sourcePriority=16384)
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action4,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForWiki),
expression=WorkbenchWindowExpression(org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow@1275a34),sourcePriority=16384)
!MESSAGE Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.emFileContextMenu/org.e clipse.eclipsemonkey.action5':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action5,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScript),
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action5,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScript),
!MESSAGE Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.emFileContextMenu/org.e clipse.eclipsemonkey.action2':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action2,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForBlogger),
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action2,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForBlogger),
!MESSAGE Conflict for
'AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.emFileContextMenu/org.e clipse.eclipsemonkey.action6':
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action6,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForEmail),
HandlerActivation(commandId=AUTOGEN:::org.eclipse.eclipsemon key.emFileContextMenu/org.eclipse.eclipsemonkey.action6,
handler=ActionDelegateHandlerProxy(null,org.eclipse.eclipsem onkey.actions.PublishScriptForEmail),

!ENTRY org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui 4 4 2008-01-16 09:35:23.822
!MESSAGE A time-out occurred while attempting to launch the process
!STACK 1
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: A time-out occurred while
attempting to launch the process
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:123)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.createCoreException(LauncherUtility.java:131)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.handleError(TIDelegateHelper.java:596)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launchProcess(TIDelegateHelper.java:512)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TID elegateHelper.launch(TIDelegateHelper.java:312)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.platform.jvmti.client.internal.launcher.TIJ UnitLauncherDelegate.launch(TIJUnitLauncherDelegate.java:33)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.internal.launcher.core.LauncherUti lity.delegateInit(LauncherUtility.java:1153)
at
org.eclipse.tptp.trace.ui.provisional.launcher.PrimaryLaunch Delegate.run(PrimaryLaunchDelegate.java:196)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.hyades.trace.ui 4 0 2008-01-16 09:35:23.823
!MESSAGE A time-out occurred while attempting to launch the process
Previous Topic:How to profile JBoss server by TPTP on LINUX(SUSE 9.3) Environment
Next Topic:Unable to invoke JUnit tests (org.eclipse.hyades.internal.execution.local.control.InactiveProcessExc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:20:11 GMT 2024