Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » No binary files and errors when launched
No binary files and errors when launched [message #906845] Sun, 02 September 2012 18:59 Go to next message
Darryl Griffiths is currently offline Darryl GriffithsFriend
I'm trying to launch a "hello-world" C++ project on my Mac (Lion).

I created an executable "hello-world" with the Toolchains "Cross GCC" selected, build the project which created a "debug" folder but no binary folder like examples I have seen on you tube. When I launch the test.cpp I get this message:

"Launch test debug has encountered a problem"

"Error starting process"

Error starting process.
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/Users/dazgti/Documents/CPP/test/src/test.cpp": Unknown reason
Exec_tty error:Cannot run program "/Users/dazgti/Documents/CPP/test/src/test.cpp": Unknown reason

I have downloaded Xcode for the mac and made sure I got all the necessary tools unless I am missing something.

I have attached a picture

Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #907031 is a reply to message #906845] Mon, 03 September 2012 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You have chosen the wrong toolchain. You need "Mac OSX GCC"

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #907383 is a reply to message #907031] Mon, 03 September 2012 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darryl Griffiths is currently offline Darryl GriffithsFriend
Thanks!

All sorted now Smile

I was just wondering how mant times you had to "Build Project" when working with C/C++? Is it just the once or is it recommended when new source/header files are added to the project folder?

Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #1718803 is a reply to message #907031] Wed, 30 December 2015 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheena wadhwa is currently offline sheena wadhwaFriend
Hi
I am using eclipse mars on windows 7. I am using someones project in c++ that is building fine but when i am trying to Run that project that gives the launch error
the detail of error is in the attached file.
can someone please help me to solve this issue because i am stuck because of this issue from last 1 month
Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #1718815 is a reply to message #907383] Wed, 30 December 2015 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Darryl Griffiths wrote on Tue, 04 September 2012 01:14
Thanks!

All sorted now Smile

I was just wondering how mant times you had to "Build Project" when working with C/C++? Is it just the once or is it recommended when new source/header files are added to the project folder?

The project has to be re-made always when any change to the sources has been made. If the make files are correctly set up, the make utility is smart enough to figure out the necessary steps and perform them only.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #1718817 is a reply to message #1718803] Wed, 30 December 2015 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
sheena wadhwa wrote on Wed, 30 December 2015 15:55
Hi
I am using eclipse mars on windows 7. I am using someones project in c++ that is building fine but when i am trying to Run that project that gives the launch error
the detail of error is in the attached file.
can someone please help me to solve this issue because i am stuck because of this issue from last 1 month

Please do not hi-jack an old thread. It seems to me that your situation does not match the one in the title line.

Please do not attach Microsoft Word files. They are impossible to open for many of the forum members. Use plain image formats instead. I fished your images from the document, and they are as attachments.

Do you have the binary files (In Windows environment, *.exe)?
Did you follow the steps to set up a run configuration? See CDT documentation.

index.php/fa/24448/0/
index.php/fa/24449/0/
index.php/fa/24450/0/
  • Attachment: Fig1.png
    (Size: 248.76KB, Downloaded 8312 times)
  • Attachment: Fig2.png
    (Size: 169.79KB, Downloaded 8162 times)
  • Attachment: Fig3.png
    (Size: 227.66KB, Downloaded 8168 times)

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: No binary files and errors when launched [message #1718825 is a reply to message #1718817] Wed, 30 December 2015 19:32 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Tuano: thanks.
----
sheena:

You can upload .png files directly. Select "PREVIEW QUICK REPLY" and then you will find it under the edit box.

Building and running are really two separate things so the first two images are somewhat irrelevant.

In fact, the second image is showing environment variables available during a build. PATH is the execution environment during the build. It has nothing to do with your executable which is merely data at the time of build.

The last has important information but the I can barely read the error message.

The name of the program you are trying to run is testArray? Is this correct?

Is it actually in the directory mentioned in the error message "C\Users\Win 7\...\testArray"?
What are the results of "dir C\Users\Win 7\...\testArray" run in a command window?
Most Windows executables have ".exe" type.Aalthough this isn't mandatory but maybe what you built isn't an executable.
It looks like this program is intended to test some aspect of what looks like libcds.

I assume you have a run configuration for testArray .
Verify that the environment within it is suitable for the program.
If it's testing libcds how would testArray find it?

What happens if you try to run it in a command window?

You could post the link portion of testArray by cutting and pasting from the build log. It will tell you where the executable went

I'm not sure why the error message repeats "Cannot run program" multiple times. Perhaps you could try to copy and post the entire message here.

Previous Topic:Indexer hosed again?
Next Topic:Avoid to re-build projects which are referenced
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:55:54 GMT 2024