Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » XML: Outline view does not show namespace when add
XML: Outline view does not show namespace when add [message #906694] Sun, 02 September 2012 08:31 Go to next message
Derek Wallace is currently offline Derek WallaceFriend
Hi,
I use the outline view to add new elements to my doc.
The elements displayed in the outline view have the namespace prefix.

However when you rightclick on an element, and select add before / after, the list of elements do NOT have he namespace.

In my case i have elements with the same name in different namespace. so its impossible to distinguish between them.

My doc looks like this in Outline view
<ns1:RootElement>
<ns1:name>
<ns2:name>

If i right click on ns2:name to add an element, my .xsd allows either <ns1:name> or <ns2:name> to be added. But the Outline view shows the allowable things as "name" and "name" so its impossible to distinguish.

Ive attached screenshot and sample .xml and .xsd files.

Im using Eclipse Indigo.

Thx
derek
Re: XML: Outline view does not show namespace when add [message #910629 is a reply to message #906694] Mon, 10 September 2012 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Please open a proper bug report: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=WTP%20Source%20Editing&component=wst.xml , with more detail about the steps that do work for you.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 10 September 2012 06:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: XML: Outline view does not show namespace when add [message #999352 is a reply to message #906694] Fri, 11 January 2013 22:17 Go to previous message
Salvador Zalapa is currently offline Salvador ZalapaFriend
This issue was addressed by https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=389434, it already was fixed, so it is going to be available in further offerings.
Previous Topic:does WTP (dynamic web project) have ModelManager and ModelBase APIs ?
Next Topic:Web Application wont deploy
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:20:43 GMT 2024