Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Check a table has no rows?(is there a way to check there are no rows in a table)
Check a table has no rows? [message #906020] Fri, 31 August 2012 13:26 Go to next message
Erik Gilbert is currently offline Erik GilbertFriend
I used ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec to verify rows in a table. Is there a way to verify that there are no rows in a table? Perhaps with ub_tbl_checkTextWithCellSpec?
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #907186 is a reply to message #906020] Mon, 03 September 2012 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

You'll most likely need to use check property and check the row count property. I believe it is called rowCount, but you'll have to check with a developer. The documentation for check property is in the reference manual, in the graphics component section.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #909059 is a reply to message #907186] Thu, 06 September 2012 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck wrote on Mon, 03 September 2012 09:30
Hi,
You'll most likely need to use check property and check the row count property. I believe it is called rowCount, but you'll have to check with a developer. The documentation for check property is in the reference manual, in the graphics component section.

I found check property. But I can't find the name of the row count property for table. How do I check with a developer? Or how else could I find it?
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #915937 is a reply to message #909059] Tue, 18 September 2012 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tried rowCount, Row Count, Count, and count. But they don't seem to work. I also looked through the Jubula source code. rowCount seems to be the correct property but when I use it, I get the error message :

Test Result

Error Details
Type : Action Error
Error Description : Property not Accessible

Component Details
Component Name : search results table Textcode pane
Component Type : Graphics Component
Action Type : Check Property

Test Data
Property Name : rowCount
Property Value : 0
Operator : equals

If rowCount is the correct property, I wonder if there is some other reason why it is not accessible?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2012 08:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #959252 is a reply to message #915937] Fri, 26 October 2012 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I still am unable to solve this problem. Any other ideas how I can check that a table displays no rows?
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #964020 is a reply to message #959252] Tue, 30 October 2012 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Just checked this side with a developer as well - if you're using SWT it's probably itemCount, not rowCount. rowCount is Swing.

HTH,
Alex
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #965397 is a reply to message #964020] Wed, 31 October 2012 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
itemCount!! Yes!! That works! Thanks so much for the help!!
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #1005100 is a reply to message #965397] Thu, 24 January 2013 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dmitriy T is currently offline Dmitriy TFriend
I have a related question: how to find/see the property list of any component?
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #1005163 is a reply to message #1005100] Thu, 24 January 2013 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

At the moment, the only way to know for definite what properties a component has would be to ask a nearby friendly developer of the application Smile as a general rule of thumb though, looking at the javadoc or source information for components might help you. Usually, anything with getXXX or isXXX is likely to be a property that you can use (without the get or is, and starting with a small letter).

HTH,
Alex
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #1729939 is a reply to message #1005163] Wed, 20 April 2016 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ramkumar Shanmugam is currently offline Ramkumar ShanmugamFriend
I tried rowCount, Row Count, Count, and count. But they don't seem to work. when I use it, I get the error message :

Test Result

Error Details
Type : Action Error
Error Description : Property not Accessible

Component Details
Component Name : check_rowCount
Component Type : Graphics Component
Action Type : Check Property

Test Data
Property Name : rowCount
Property Value : 0
Operator : equals

If rowCount property supported for JavaFX controls/toolkit
Could anyone please let me know this property(rowcount) for JavaFX is supported
Re: Check a table has no rows? [message #1730061 is a reply to message #1729939] Thu, 21 April 2016 08:12 Go to previous message
Hello,

I checked with a developer on our team. In JavaFX, tables don't have a property for the amount of rows. When you're in the object mapping mode and you collect the component, you can see which properties it has:
http://help.eclipse.org/mars/topic/org.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help/content/html/userManual/tasks/objectMapping/viewing-properties-for-a-component-in-the-object-mapping-mode.html?cp=44_2_18_6

If there isn't anything there for row count, then you won't be able to check it.

Best regards,
Alex

Previous Topic:Changing value in combo-box not working
Next Topic:Check the Background Color of a TableViewer Cell where Full Row Selection is enabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:50:04 GMT 2024