Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses
icon5.gif  How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #905906] Fri, 31 August 2012 09:41 Go to next message
Reik Oberrath is currently offline Reik OberrathFriend
Hello Jubula Fans,

I'm looking forward to generate a great number of test data sets, e.g. data on persons characterized by adresses consisting of very different data fields. I plan to test whether those data sets are corrupt and how the AUT handle correct and corrupt data input. How can this be done with Jubula.

My currently single idea is the following:
1. Create a test case and a test suite with a single data set that succeeds test execution
2. Export project in xml
3. Replace test data in the xml automatically by a special script
4. Import the modified xml file as new project version
5. Execute the new version.

However, there must be more elegant way, or not?

Hopefully expecting useful suggestions,
Reik

Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907189 is a reply to message #905906] Mon, 03 September 2012 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

There are various ways of working with test data. You can use multiple data sets, central data sets, Excel tables, variables, functions ...

The overview is in this chapter.

It sounds very much like what you need is to have the same Test Case run with different data sets. You can add these in the data sets view, but I'd recommend reading the chapter linked to get a good overview. The cheat sheet "First Steps" also contains an example with a data set.

HTH,
Alex
Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907544 is a reply to message #907189] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, that's good, I didn't find that by myself. Thank you!

Is there a way to import and export Cental Data Sets?
Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907552 is a reply to message #907189] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907562 is a reply to message #907189] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907570 is a reply to message #907189] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #907578 is a reply to message #907189] Tue, 04 September 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #911239 is a reply to message #907544] Tue, 11 September 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I found an import way from an excel sheet: context menu item "Central Test Data Sets" in the "Central Test Data" editor.

What about export central test data???
Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #911254 is a reply to message #911239] Tue, 11 September 2012 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a test case that validates a dialog message and is executed twice in my suite. These two simelar tests are using data read from a central data set. For this data set defined in the "Central Test Data" editor, two concrete value sets are defined in the "Data Sets" view.

Now what happens:
1. dialog opens
2. dialog validation loops for the two value sets
3. dialog closes
4. steps 1-3 are repeated

What I really want is
1. dialog opens
2. dialog validation with first value sets
3. dialog closes
4. dialog opens
5. dialog validation with second value sets
6. dialog closes

My final aim is adding concrete data (value sets) only without adding a new test case to my suite and Jubula loops automatically the whole test case - not only one step. How can this be done?

Thank you for any help!
Re: How to execute an specific test numerous times - each with a different set of data e.g. adresses [message #917639 is a reply to message #911254] Thu, 20 September 2012 09:20 Go to previous message
Felix Ziesel is currently offline Felix ZieselFriend
Hi Reik,

just put step 1-3 in one new test case and propagate the values of step 2 and call the data set from the new test case

NewTestCase (YOUR_PROPAGATED_VALUE_1,YOUR_PROPAGATED_VALUE_2)
1. ref to step 1
2. ref to step 2 (instead of using data set here propagate the values)
3. ref to step 3
Previous Topic:Can't checkout jubula code from git
Next Topic:Keep getting "error in children"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:06:31 GMT 2024