Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Treeviewer expander gives false indication(How to make the expander invisible if no entries in tree branch)
Treeviewer expander gives false indication [message #905691] Thu, 30 August 2012 22:31 Go to next message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
I am populating a treeviewer, and almost everything is working correctly.

I am getting complaints from the users that the little expander/collapser triangle indicates that a particular branch is expandable, even though there are no entries on that branch. When they click the expander, the expander becomes invisible. Shouldn't the expander be invisible before it is selected if there are no entries on that branch?

Is there any way for me to make the expander/collapser triangle invisible for a node of a treeviewer if there are no entries on that node?

Thanks.
Re: Treeviewer expander gives false indication [message #905755 is a reply to message #905691] Fri, 31 August 2012 02:45 Go to previous message
Herb Miller is currently offline Herb MillerFriend
Well, through some experimentation, I may have found the answer.

The hasChildren implementation of the ITreeContentProvider was not returning false in all cases when there were no children.

Thanks.
Previous Topic:TreeViewer with multiple same objects,adds child to first occurence of its parent
Next Topic:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.eclipse.jface.text.TextSelection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:34:41 GMT 2024