Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Tycho build of feature including RAP
Tycho build of feature including RAP [message #905434] Thu, 30 August 2012 11:27 Go to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi

I'm switching our custom pde build to maven/tycho. I'm quite advanced in the process but stuck now with the feature build. We have a feature with a feature dependency to the rap feature.

<requires>
      <import feature="org.eclipse.scout.rt" version="3.9.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import feature="org.eclipse.rap.runtime" version="1.5.0" match="compatible"/>
      <import feature="org.eclipse.rap.runtime.requirements" version="1.5.0" match="compatible"/>
   </requires>

If I run the maven build it can't resolve the dependency and I'm out of ideas what the reason could be.

I attached the log output of the mvn build.

Thanks for any hints and help.
Greetings
Stephan
Re: Tycho build of feature including RAP [message #905876 is a reply to message #905434] Fri, 31 August 2012 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mitch B. is currently offline Mitch B.Friend
Hi Stepahn,

as I started to switch from PDE to Maven-Build I had almost no knowlegde about build tools like Maven, but this article helped me a lot: //mattiasholmqvist.se/2010/02/building-with-tycho-part-1-osgi-bundles/

Regards,
Mitch
Re: Tycho build of feature including RAP [message #905879 is a reply to message #905876] Fri, 31 August 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Leicht Vogt is currently offline Stephan Leicht VogtFriend
Hi Mitch

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately my problems lies further in the build-chain.

Greetings
Stephan
Re: Tycho build of feature including RAP [message #907115 is a reply to message #905434] Mon, 03 September 2012 10:17 Go to previous message
Markus Knauer is currently offline Markus KnauerFriend

Some of the RAP bundles provide alternative implementations that cannot be installed in parallel to their SWT counterparts.

In order to prevent users from accidentially installing these bundles into their IDE, we (and several other RT projects) had to use the virtual A.PDE.Target.Platform requirement on the features. This virtual requirement cannot be resolved and therefor it wasn't possible to install this feature into an IDE.

I think it should be possible to solve your problem by replacing the requires-import-feature with a requires-import-bundle in your feature.xml. Instead of writing

<requires>
      <import feature="org.eclipse.rap.runtime" version="1.5.0" match="compatible"/>

you should be able to define your requirements for all (or a subset) of the RAP bundles with

<requires>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.rap.rwt"/>
      <import plugin="org.eclipse.rap.rwt.osgi"/>
      ... + all other required RAP bundles
   </requires>

Let me know if this helps... Smile

(As a side note: This problem will be solved with the next RAP 2.0 release. We've removed this virtual dependency and replaced it with negative p2 requirments on bundle level in the p2 metadata. Since a few months it is possible to define such a negative requirement with p2.inf files during build time and this solution should solve your problems *in the long run*.)

--

Twitter: @mknauer23 and @EclipseRAP
Blog: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/

Professional services for RAP and RCP?
http://eclipsesource.com/services/rap/
Previous Topic:The RAP can access office
Next Topic:business.theme and CoolItem background issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:33:39 GMT 2024