Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » Moving parent
Moving parent [message #904916] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:27 Go to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I have an editpart containing multiple child editParts. I donot want child to be moveable but when user select child and try to move then parent should be moved(the whole figure should move). Currently parent move when i have my mouse pointing to parent itself but not incase of mouse pointing towards child.

Any idea?

Cheers,
Re: Moving parent [message #905875 is a reply to message #904916] Fri, 31 August 2012 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Magnus Sjöstrand is currently offline Magnus SjöstrandFriend
Im not sure in-depth about this problem. But in general, wouldn't it be possible to move the parent relative to the children? Please provide some more detailed information or code.
Re: Moving parent [message #908453 is a reply to message #905875] Wed, 05 September 2012 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ModelGeek Mising name is currently offline ModelGeek Mising nameFriend
There are 3 figures. First the canvas figure which can have multiple child figures. The layout for outer most figure is XYLayout. Now this canvas figure contains multiple child figures of ToolbarLayout. The toolbar layout figure contains multiple figures of FlowLayout.

Now when i move figures with ToolBar layout then it works fine(as its parent have XY layout). But if user drags 3 figure(Flowlayout) then i want to move figure 2(with tool bar layout) completely with all its children (move the parent so all children will be moved).

Any idea?
Re: Moving parent [message #909713 is a reply to message #908453] Fri, 07 September 2012 16:26 Go to previous message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
What about EditPart.getTargetEditPart(Request request) method? Try to override it in those 3 figures and redirect it to the parent.
Previous Topic:Using pallete tools from context menu
Next Topic:Blend Selection and Marquee
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:31:13 GMT 2024