Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » "Contributes" content variability
"Contributes" content variability [message #904866] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:40 Go to next message
Darie Moldovan is currently offline Darie MoldovanFriend
Hi, I am creating a new plug-in, which extends OpenUP. Since I defined some roles which also are part of OpenUP (for example "Developer"), I would like to add my extra information to the contents in OpenUP, without changing the standard plug-in. This is why I chose the "contributes" content variability. So far, so good.

The problem is that I have several roles which I named different, although they do approximately the same with their equivalent in OpenUP. If I contribute to an OpenUP role, I cannot change the name of my role any more and in the published website of my plug-in the roles are named after the ones in OpenUP (which is theoretically correct). For example, the "extends" content variability lets me choose the name for my role and only shows a hint in the published website, that the actual role extends the role x in OpenUP. Is this also possible when using the "conribute" relation?

Thanks in advance.
Re: "Contributes" content variability [message #906729 is a reply to message #904866] Sun, 02 September 2012 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Darie Moldovan is currently offline Darie MoldovanFriend
Ok, the problem is admittedly not solved, but I don't need this any more. But I would be still interested in a possible solution.
Re: "Contributes" content variability [message #996751 is a reply to message #906729] Wed, 02 January 2013 20:42 Go to previous message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
You can use "replace" or "extends replace" to replace existing OpenUP roles with your own. Extends-replace can be used to change some attributes, while leaving others unchanged. If you are making a lot of changes to roles and role assignments, you may instead choose to simply remove the existing "assign" plug-ins and substitute your own role and category assignments.
Previous Topic:Integration with ClearCase
Next Topic:Relationship diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:12:31 GMT 2024