Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Syntax Coloring usability suggestion
Syntax Coloring usability suggestion [message #904555] Tue, 28 August 2012 17:19 Go to next message
p h is currently offline p hFriend
When using 'Syntax Coloring', sometimes is tricky (for me at least) to find the item in the 'Element' list that corresponds to that purple stuff that needs to be green Wink

anyway, here's my suggestions to make the dialog a little easier to use:

1) make it so that when you click in the 'Preview' window it selects the corresponding item in the 'Element' list.

2) when scrolling up/down in the 'Element' list with the arrow keys, it takes about 1 second for the 'Color' swatch to fade between the colors. this makes finding a particular color swatch a somewhat slow process. making the swatch fade states immediately would be a help here.
Re: Syntax Coloring usability suggestion [message #904699 is a reply to message #904555] Wed, 29 August 2012 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The XML/HTML/JSP/DTD/CSS Syntax Coloring preference pages already do this. Which language are you referring to? Regardless, all enhancement requests belong in Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Syntax Coloring usability suggestion [message #908118 is a reply to message #904699] Tue, 04 September 2012 19:10 Go to previous message
p h is currently offline p hFriend
i guess any language that's not one of those, then, for example Java, Javascript, C/C++, Ant.

regardless, all these languages still suffer from the problem with the color swatch taking 1 second to animate between enabled/disabled states.
Previous Topic:Running PHP file give me "This program cannot display the webpage"
Next Topic:Can I put an AWT component as a menu contribution?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:47:06 GMT 2024