Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » How-to-achieve-url-maxtry-filter-in-virgo tomcat server
How-to-achieve-url-maxtry-filter-in-virgo tomcat server [message #903881] Mon, 27 August 2012 05:52 Go to next message
karthik elavan is currently offline karthik elavanFriend
Hi everyone,

Please give me some ideas to achieve max try concept.

I want to destroy the url path after some amount of access.

For eg., if I give maxtry = 2 for the run time generated url (http://localhost:8080/Test/dely/ios/item/42/23/cc.mp4), After the two times access of the above url for the third time that url path will not be able to access for anyone.

My environment is:

Virgo-tomcat-server
linux

How to achieve this using virgo tomcat filter?
Re: How-to-achieve-url-maxtry-filter-in-virgo tomcat server [message #904063 is a reply to message #903881] Mon, 27 August 2012 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Violeta Georgieva is currently offline Violeta GeorgievaFriend
There is no such predefined filter that can be used by default. You should provide it by yourself.
Regards
Violeta
Re: How-to-achieve-url-maxtry-filter-in-virgo tomcat server [message #905396 is a reply to message #904063] Thu, 30 August 2012 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
karthik elavan is currently offline karthik elavanFriend
Thanks for your reply.

Can you please point me some good examples for how to write our own servlet filter in apache tomcat.

Re: How-to-achieve-url-maxtry-filter-in-virgo tomcat server [message #905602 is a reply to message #905396] Thu, 30 August 2012 18:11 Go to previous message
Tin N/A is currently offline Tin N/AFriend
Here are a few:

http://bit.ly/Ov9HjA

But I don't think your approach of "destroying URL path" is the most efficient. I'd put the logic that counts and controls access requests into a servlet/controller that serves the URL and just return 404s when the count for each URL goes over the limit. You don't need a filter for that, although the same logic can be implemented in a filter.
Previous Topic:Splash screen for Virgo kernel?
Next Topic:Virgo Nano Web tooling support
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 11:23:35 GMT 2024