Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work(Some problems)
Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #903865] Sun, 26 August 2012 22:17 Go to next message
Benedikt Roland is currently offline Benedikt RolandFriend
Hello,

I tried to use the features Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline, but I can not se anyone of these working.

I just scrambled Code and the Ctrl+Shift+F does nothing. I included the environment (and added it to the execution environments) but the Code Assistance did not show up (only @ Koneki distribution. @ Juno + plugin it works nearby nice).

The Outline doesn't work. At the Koneki distribution of Eclipse nothing shows up. on the Juno + plugin version it just shows local variables and functions.

I searched via google and the forum search and I read some tutorials but nothing says anything about this problem. I think i missed something (I had to have missed something). Any help out there? Just a link to another Thread or anything would be helpfull -.-
Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #903866 is a reply to message #903865] Sun, 26 August 2012 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Cabé is currently offline Benjamin CabéFriend

Hi Benedict,

What is the version of the Koneki distribution you are using (see Help > About)?
There's definitely something wrong here Smile

Thx
Benjamin

Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #903906 is a reply to message #903866] Mon, 27 August 2012 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benjamin,

I use both possible downloads that are out on the web here: 0.9.0 AND 0.8.1 (btw the current download 0.8.1 shows 0.8.0 in the splash... is that right). I am working my self through the sourcecode to may get what does not work for me or what I forgot (I decompiled the koneki-jars), but I am to new to Koneki (standalone).

Something other: I make some documentations and want to know how I can export them to a documentation (html) so I can add them to the envizip (Can I use Juno?). Also: Is the lastest suggestion-thread alive? The one with 0.9?

Thanks
Benedikt -- with a "k" not a "c" -.- makes some difference

P.S.: I want suggest something... is the current thread live (last one in the list)? I just want that the types get asigned to the variables so u can get the VAR:FUNC() stuff... And I am documenting wxLua right now (and some other luasql, socket, etc. the easy stuff...) any thing how I should post a help- or project-thread?
Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904842 is a reply to message #903906] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Benedikt,

First, please check if your code is located in a Lua Project.

If it's the case and you still have the bug, we doesn't have enough data to find your problem, and we can't reproduce.
So, please, can you redroduce your bugs in a fresh sandalone LDT version.
Then copy/paste the full version number you can find in the "Help/About" menu and also attach your log files to your response
Log files can be found in : <workspace folder>/.metadata/*.log

If anyone else reproduce the bug, it will be helpful to send us your log and version too.

Thanks,
Marc
Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904872 is a reply to message #904842] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
I forget to respond at all of your questions:

For Html documentation export, you can use luadocumentor (only a beta version is available right now) a line command tool as explain on the wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Technical_Discussions/User_Assistance#LuaDocumentor
A stable version of this tool is planned in future versions.

The 0.9 suggestion-thread is still alive, but as the plan for the 0.9 is all ready done, the feature you will request have to be very useful and/or important to be include in the 0.9 release. An other good way is to create bug as Feature request in the Koneki bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/

Global variable can't be typed, if you want to have content assist and other stuff make your variable local.

I will create a topic to how promote and centralize on the wiki available Execution Environment

Marc

[Updated on: Wed, 29 August 2012 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904909 is a reply to message #904842] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello again,

Thanks for reminding me that there is a logfile... I found the half of the bug: I am using a "invisible" folder. Its name has only one char. The value of the char is 255. Java never gets that the charvalue 255 is valid in a execution-path. because of this Koneki didnt find the necessary files and only loaded stuff it where the paths starts with "./" (or ".\"),
but still, it only shows local variables (and does not asign types to variables)

but here is the stuff:
0.8:
Eclipse Platform				3.7.2.v20120207-1839-9gF7UHPDFxGjd-PqDr2jX_4yKaumkoHTz04_q-q
Eclipse Modeling Framework Core Runtime		2.7.1.v20120127-1122
Lua Development Tools				0.8.1.201207111957

m0.9:
Eclipse Plattform				4.2.0.v20120608-135145-9JF7BHV8FyMteji0Oi_ePMz0xuZ8TVo7lV0z0ecb
Eclipse Modeling Framework Core Runtime		2.8.0.v20120606-0717
Lua Development Tools				0.9.0.201208231337

!SESSION 2012-08-29 13:05:56.332 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_04
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:06:02.638
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.context.ui.actionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:06:02.641
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.doc.actionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:06:02.642
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.navigation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:06:02.642
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.rse.core.search.searchActionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.koneki.ldt 4 0 2012-08-29 13:06:02.729
!MESSAGE Unable to load metalua ast builder :/testProject/src/main.lua
!STACK 0
com.naef.jnlua.LuaRuntimeException: requireContentFromPath:1: module 'metalua.compiler' not found:
	no field package.preload['metalua.compiler']
	no file 'C:\Users\tDwtp\Desktop\ \4nd\python ideas\lua\ecl\koneki eclipse m0.9\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\172\2\.cp\lib\metalua\compiler.luac'
	no file 'C:\Users\tDwtp\Desktop\ \4nd\python ideas\lua\ecl\koneki eclipse m0.9\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\172\2\.cp\lib\metalua\compiler.lua'
	at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.lua_pcall(Native Method)
	at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.call(LuaState.java:555)
	at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.metalua.internal.MetaluaStateFactory.newLuaState(MetaluaStateFactory.java:73)
	at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.metalua.AbstractMetaLuaModule.compileMetaluaFiles(AbstractMetaLuaModule.java:35)
	at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.metalua.AbstractMetaLuaModule.loadLuaModule(AbstractMetaLuaModule.java:30)
	at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.core.internal.ast.parser.ModelsBuilderLuaModule.buildAST(ModelsBuilderLuaModule.java:43)
	at org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.core.internal.ast.parser.LuaSourceParser.parse(LuaSourceParser.java:106)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SourceParserUtil.parse(SourceParserUtil.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SourceParserUtil.getModuleDeclaration(SourceParserUtil.java:197)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SourceParserUtil.getModuleDeclaration(SourceParserUtil.java:183)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.SourceParserUtil.getModuleDeclaration(SourceParserUtil.java:174)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.AbstractSourceElementParser.parse(AbstractSourceElementParser.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.AbstractSourceElementParser.parseSourceModule(AbstractSourceElementParser.java:26)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.structure.StructureIndexer.indexDocument(StructureIndexer.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.structure.StructureProjectIndexer.doIndexing(StructureProjectIndexer.java:20)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.core.AbstractProjectIndexer.indexSourceModule(AbstractProjectIndexer.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.core.SourceModulesRequest.run(SourceModulesRequest.java:90)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.core.search.indexing.AbstractJob.execute(AbstractJob.java:76)
	at org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.search.processing.JobManager.run(JobManager.java:467)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
!SESSION 2012-08-29 13:08:07.643 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_04
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1000 2012-08-29 13:08:14.729
!MESSAGE No repository found at file:/C:/Users/tDwtp/Desktop/%C2%A0/4nd/python%20ideas/lua/ecl/koneki%20eclipse%20m0.9/.eclipseextension.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository 4 1000 2012-08-29 13:08:14.738
!MESSAGE No repository found at file:/C:/Users/tDwtp/Desktop/%C2%A0/4nd/python%20ideas/lua/ecl/koneki%20eclipse%20m0.9/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi/bundles/131/data/listener_1925729951/.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:08:15.289
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.context.ui.actionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:08:15.290
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.doc.actionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:08:15.291
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.mylyn.tasks.ui.navigation

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2012-08-29 13:08:15.291
!MESSAGE Unable to find Action Set: org.eclipse.rse.core.search.searchActionSet

!ENTRY org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.ui 2 0 2012-08-29 13:08:17.128
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.core.internal.ast.models.file.Identifier starting at offset 109 with length 4 has no definition.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-08-29 13:08:34.138
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred.  They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-08-29 13:08:34.138
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+T:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+T,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.edit.text.script.refactor.quickMenu,Show Refactor Quick Menu,
		Shows the refactor quick menu,
		Category(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.category.refactoring,Refactor - DLTK,DLTK Refactoring Actions,true),
		org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@284d3adf,
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
	org.eclipse.dltk.ui.scriptEditorScope,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+T,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.edit.text.script.refactor.quickMenu,Show Refactor Quick Menu,
		Shows the refactor quick menu,
		Category(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.category.refactoring,Refactor - DLTK,DLTK Refactoring Actions,true),
		org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@284d3adf,
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.dltk.ui.context.views,,,system)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-08-29 13:08:34.138
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for ALT+SHIFT+R:
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+R,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.edit.text.script.rename.element,Rename - Refactoring ,
		Rename the selected element,
		org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@66541b24,
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.dltk.ui.scriptEditorScope,,,system)
Binding(ALT+SHIFT+R,
	ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.dltk.ui.edit.text.script.rename.element,Rename - Refactoring ,
		Rename the selected element,
		org.eclipse.ui.internal.MakeHandlersGo@66541b24,
		,,true),null),
	org.eclipse.dltk.ui.context.views,,,system)

Thanks
Benedikt

P.S.: Sorry -.-

P.P.S.: Is there a possibility to get it showing all variables and asigning variables to types so I can call :flush() not only on io.{stdin|stdout|stderr}
Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904918 is a reply to message #904909] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Benedikt Roland wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 13:16

I found the half of the bug: I am using a "invisible" folder. Its name has only one char. The value of the char is 255. Java never gets that the charvalue 255 is valid in a execution-path. because of this Koneki didnt find the necessary files and only loaded stuff it where the paths starts with "./" (or ".\"),

You like playing with fire eh? Smile

Benedikt Roland wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 13:16

P.P.S.: Is there a possibility to get it showing all variables and asigning variables to types so I can call :flush() not only on io.{stdin|stdout|stderr}

Doesn't the following give you the autocompletion you are looking for on 'myFile'?

local myFile = io.open('foo.bar', 'r')
myFile:flush()

Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904919 is a reply to message #904909] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK,

Again, sorry. It asigns #types at variables, but only if they are local... that should have a fix! Doesn't it?
Something other: I cannot uncollapse functions in the outline. Is that even possible? thats something major in the outline...
Re: Code Formatter, Code Assistance and Outline do not work [message #904922 is a reply to message #904919] Wed, 29 August 2012 11:40 Go to previous message

Benedikt Roland wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 13:31
Again, sorry. It asigns #types at variables, but only if they are local... that should have a fix! Doesn't it?

You should have a look at http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/351391/871406/#msg_871406 and several other threads on the forum. The thing with global variable it that it is difficult to know whether or not they are available at a given location in the code, thus it is virtually impossible to know what to propose when one hits CTRL+SPACE on a new empty line (that would be a bad idea to clutter the content-assist with *ALL* the global variables found in the current project and its dependencies, right?)

Benedikt Roland wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 13:31

Something other: I cannot uncollapse functions in the outline. Is that even possible? thats something major in the outline...

Can you provide a screenshot? Not sure what you mean by "uncollapsing functions" since they are not foldable in the first place (i.e. they are leaves in the tree, no?)

Anyways, thanks much for taking time to give feedback! Smile
Benjamin.

Previous Topic:Stop the code on error
Next Topic:List of available Execution Environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:05:42 GMT 2024