Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Painful API UI Changes(I decided to migrate existing code for some rcp apps and have come across mutliple issues hoping someone can help me with)
Painful API UI Changes [message #903722] Sat, 25 August 2012 04:56 Go to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend

I did my research before writing this post and did not find any obvious answers to the following issues I am having below:

1: My view tabs look horrible and do not have the same look and feel as previous eclipse versions with use traditional tabs = false or the slick looking juno IDE and can't figure out why.

2. With multiple views in a single perspective I am unable to move views around into different view folders despite the extension not being configured as a fixed location. I also can no longer detach views which is a major part of my app.

3. In tool bar or cool bar as its called I do like the new perspective short cut navigation but cannot figure out how to make the cool bar blue like the juno IDE. I looked in preferenes and have limited options so it might be that I am missing a plugin.

4. Also some of my basic text editors are not functioning, when I open a .txt resources I get a blank editor.

Any links to resources or answers would be greatly appreciated. - Duncan Krebs
Re: Painful API UI Changes [message #903768 is a reply to message #903722] Sat, 25 August 2012 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Duncan Krebs is currently offline Duncan KrebsFriend

You know what forgot, I'm not going to updgrade, this has been too much of a pain! - Duncan
Re: Painful API UI Changes [message #903938 is a reply to message #903768] Mon, 27 August 2012 11:24 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
#1 & #3: Eclipse 4 now uses CSS to do theming of widgets (see the org.eclipse.e4.ui.css.* bundles). The org.clipse.platform bundle contains the CSS files for the Eclipse Platform and IDE. If you want something like the 3.x appearance then checkout the "classic" theme there.

#2: you need to include the org.eclipse.e4.ui.swt.addons bundle to get the DndAddon, CleanupAddon, and MinMaxAddon.

#4: you'll need to tell us more, because it's n or clear if you're building a pure E4 app (wich has no text editors) or an Eclipse 3.x app. What kind of text editors were you expecting?
Previous Topic:Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench
Next Topic:Please help, e4 and org.eclipse.help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:04:24 GMT 2024