Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Babel » Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download?(Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download?)
Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #903537] Fri, 24 August 2012 08:08 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Is there somewhere a zip file available for download which includes the content offered in the online p2 repository (update site) at http://download.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/R0.10.0/juno/ ?

This would be a big advantage as those zipped p2 repos can be easily accessed in Maven/Tycho builds when downloaded into our development infrastructure.

Thanks
Klaus
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904514 is a reply to message #903537] Tue, 28 August 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

He,

Have you tried the zip files on this page?

http://eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904894 is a reply to message #904514] Wed, 29 August 2012 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Yes, I did. These zips are not wrapped with p2 metadata. Just "pure" feature and plugin directory. What I'm looking for is a zipped version of the update site content. Usually, these zips fall out of a p2 repository build anyway (at least when using Tycho).
Regards,
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904957 is a reply to message #904894] Wed, 29 August 2012 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Our build system is quite old and doesn't use Tycho, so we don't have zipped repos. Sorry.

Denis Roy
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904969 is a reply to message #904957] Wed, 29 August 2012 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yves Langisch is currently offline Yves LangischFriend
+1 for zipped repos. Why can't you just zip and provide the whole content of your p2 repositories on your server?

Why do I need this? We use Nexus Pro to proxy your babel repositories. Due to your releasing strategy the latest version becomes unavailable after a new release because you change the URL from download.eclipse.org/... to archive.eclipse.org/... IMHO that's bad practice in terms of stable builds. To become independent we'd like to provide the artefacts completely locally.

At the moment I mirror the repo on my own (refer to http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox_p2_Repository_Mirroring).

-
Yves
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904973 is a reply to message #904969] Wed, 29 August 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yves Langisch wrote on Wed, 29 August 2012 09:40
+1 for zipped repos. Why can't you just zip and provide the whole content of your p2 repositories on your server?

I never said we can't ... No one has asked for it before. Please file a bug against Technology/Babel and we'll try to make it happen.

Denis Roy
Re: Babel content as zipped p2 repo for download? [message #904975 is a reply to message #904973] Wed, 29 August 2012 13:57 Go to previous message
Yves Langisch is currently offline Yves LangischFriend
That would be great. Thanks. Bug is here:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=388337
Previous Topic:Babel Language Packs R0.10.0 are now available!
Next Topic:Can I take latest mysqldump?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:34:48 GMT 2024