Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench
Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903465] Thu, 23 August 2012 17:51 Go to next message
Rob Hatcherson is currently offline Rob HatchersonFriend
I've been exploring e4 RCP app development under Juno and threw together a test app with some PartSashContainers and PartStacks. The app includes the MinMax, DnD, and Cleanup Addons so the truly useful real-estate management features work again.

When the app starts it looks like attachment E4Test1Start.png.

If I minimize e.g. the PartStack that contains Tab2 and Tab3 the workbench gets confused as shown in attachment E4Test1AfterMinimize.png.

At this point the app is gone.

This seems like a pretty basic capability to be broken. Has anybody else seen this behavior?
Re: Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903467 is a reply to message #903465] Thu, 23 August 2012 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
File a bug and attach your example application.

Tom

Am 23.08.12 19:51, schrieb Rob Hatcherson:
> I've been exploring e4 RCP app development under Juno and threw together a test app with some PartSashContainers and PartStacks. The app includes the MinMax, DnD, and Cleanup Addons so the truly useful real-estate management features work again.
>
> When the app starts it looks like attachment E4Test1Start.png.
>
> If I minimize e.g. the PartStack that contains Tab2 and Tab3 the workbench gets confused as shown in attachment E4Test1AfterMinimize.png.
>
> At this point the app is gone.
>
> This seems like a pretty basic capability to be broken. Has anybody else seen this behavior?
>
Re: Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903470 is a reply to message #903467] Thu, 23 August 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=387923
Re: Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903656 is a reply to message #903465] Fri, 24 August 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Moffatt patiently identified the problem: I had left the default PartStack ids in the e4xmi file. The defaults happen to be identical. Make sure the ids are unique and the problem goes away.

Might be better if the model editor came up with unique ids if only by sticking a unique number on the end. And... maybe issue warnings when potentially troublesome situations like this are created by the user.
Re: Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903678 is a reply to message #903656] Fri, 24 August 2012 21:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384675 which Sopot is
about to fix.

Tom

Am 24.08.12 19:57, schrieb Rob Hatcherson:
> Eric Moffatt patiently identified the problem: I had left the default
> PartStack ids in the e4xmi file. The defaults happen to be identical.
> Make sure the ids are unique and the problem goes away.
>
> Might be better if the model editor came up with unique ids if only by
> sticking a unique number on the end. And... maybe issue warnings when
> potentially troublesome situations like this are created by the user.
>
Re: Minimization Of PartStacks Confuses The Workbench [message #903857 is a reply to message #903678] Sun, 26 August 2012 15:28 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Fixed.
Previous Topic:ui-independent TextEditor
Next Topic:Painful API UI Changes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:59:30 GMT 2024